Denmark and Health and safety messaging

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

youtube.com/watch?v=pD-f45TbvEw&

The Vikings are here - wear a helmet! Helmets have protected our ancestors throughout centuries.

Trust Denmark to come up with some funny , entertaining and interesting way to get the message of health and safety across.

Nothing this imaginative in this country , especially with this government. 

They could have made a mini series out of his adventures ......

AD

Duncan Bourne 02 Dec 2021
In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

Like it

ianstevens 02 Dec 2021

I'd guess less than 10% of people wear helmets here (Copenhagen). There's just no need, as everything feels so safe thanks to proper infrastructure. 

broken spectre 02 Dec 2021

An FFP2 Helmet being 95% effective at deflecting a direct strike by a broadsword but they should carry hand sanitizer too!!

Neil Williams 02 Dec 2021

That is sort of straight out of Monty Python and the Holy Grail...made me actually laugh!

In reply to ianstevens:

> I'd guess less than 10% of people wear helmets here (Copenhagen). There's just no need, as everything feels so safe thanks to proper infrastructure.

Fair point - urban cycling should be a safe extension of pedestrianism, to be done in normal clothes on safe dedicated infrastructure.  In the UK it's very much not, though.

ianstevens 02 Dec 2021
In reply to Neil Williams:

> Fair point - urban cycling should be a safe extension of pedestrianism, to be done in normal clothes on safe dedicated infrastructure.  In the UK it's very much not, though.

I nearly almost agree. I always wear (wore) a helmet cycling in the UK, and dressed up to the nines in bright shiny stuff. Now I just... get on my bike. Cycle lanes with a mostly physical barrier from cars, and general priority to cyclists mentality, really is something great. Even get cleared before the road.

The only minor disagreement I have is that cycling should be an extension of pedestrianism - it should be the primary form of transport in cities. 

In reply to ianstevens:

> The only minor disagreement I have is that cycling should be an extension of pedestrianism - it should be the primary form of transport in cities. 

I'd personally say walking > cycling > public transport > car > air, at least in terms of provision.

But what I mean by extension of pedestrianism is that it is, like pedestrianism, done in normal clothes and generally at a lowish speed.  Fast road cyclists will always be better on the road and with a helmet and cycling specific clothing.

Post edited at 14:51
 ianstevens 02 Dec 2021
In reply to Neil Williams:

Ahh I follow now, makes sense and have to say that’s the mentality here. Lycra on, helmet on, and probably double the pace of my cycle about town.

Rampart 02 Dec 2021

>  They could have made a mini series out of his adventures ......

They already have!

(see Norsemen on Netflix)

JamButty 03 Dec 2021

Love it,  I may look to use it at work,  because there's actually quite a good family and behavioural message in it.

Only snag is we're locked down for access to youtube,  so I have previously used ssyoutube to download but this seems to be no longer available.

How do people get mp3's from youtube these days?

Ta

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...