Democracy drowning in a flood of lies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ratfeeder 10 Dec 2019

More outrageous lies (about the Labour party) from the Conservatives and the "billionaire press":

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/indepth/why-do-i-have-to-break-an-embargo-in...

Democracy cannot function in a climate of misinformation. Nor, it seems, do the Conservatives want it to. Please don't let them get away with gerrymandering the election result with their deceitful propaganda. 

bouldery bits 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Ratfeeder:

This isn't gerrymandering.

Gerrymandering is a specific election manipulation strategy involving changing the borders of electoral constituencies to benefit a particular outcome. 

It's lots of things but not gerrymandering. 

Post edited at 21:21
Moley 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Ratfeeder:

Quite frankly, if it's  from George Monbiot in the Guardian, it is probably as much twaddle as is printed in the right wing press.

MeMeMe 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Moley:

George Monbiot might be a bit sanctimonious and annoying but as far as I can tell he also tends to be well researched and truthful.

You could always try reading it and deciding on that basis rather than simple relying on your prejudices? 

Ecce Homer 10 Dec 2019
In reply to MeMeMe:

Honk Honk

bouldery bits 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Ecce Homer:

Honk honk honk. 

Ecce Homer 10 Dec 2019
In reply to bouldery bits:

youtube.com/watch?v=e-6eWEhjMa4&

Choose your clown. I understand where you’re coming from, but I’m with pec.

OP Ratfeeder 10 Dec 2019

> This isn't gerrymandering.

> Gerrymandering is a specific election manipulation strategy involving changing the borders of electoral constituencies to benefit a particular outcome. 

> It's lots of things but not gerrymandering. 

Yes, you're quite right. That was careless of me!

In reply to Ratfeeder:

Interesting read, thanks for posting it. 

abr1966 10 Dec 2019

> This isn't gerrymandering..

You're right its not.....for a great example of gerrymandering the OP could research the conservative party and their gerrymandering of Westminster council. 

Darron 11 Dec 2019
In reply to Ratfeeder:

As The Guardian has been mentioned have a look at today’s editorial. I doubt you will find a more balanced and considered summary the day before this election. The world is not completely full of lies and manipulation.

pasbury 11 Dec 2019
In reply to Moley:

> Quite frankly, if it's  from George Monbiot in the Guardian, it is probably as much twaddle as is printed in the right wing press.

Well it’s about land ownership reform, so I wouldn’t expect you to be anything other than reactionary.

pasbury 11 Dec 2019
In reply to Ecce Homer:

Pec hasn’t even commented on this thread but I guess you’re with him anyway.

Ecce Homer 11 Dec 2019
In reply to Darron:

There’s two words that make me seriously doubt the validity of the claims in your post. These are the second and third.

Ecce Homer 11 Dec 2019
In reply to pasbury:

Yep, pec, bb and myself were discussing something similar on a similar thread.

Darron 11 Dec 2019
In reply to Ecce Homer:

😊

I suspect if you read it though, prejudice aside, you would agree that it is both considered and balanced as per my post? It’s not common unfortunately in the current climate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...