/ Cycling in a skirt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
girlymonkey - on 09 Apr 2019

totally works! 

You do, however, get amused looks as you overtake your other half while going up hill.

Just so you can picture the whole scene, I was in colourful knee length boots (the whole reason for wearing a skirt in the first place!), a skirt that comes to just above the knees, paramo jacket with posh silk scarf and fancy tweed hand bag over my shoulder... riding a road bike! A couple of bits of the picture don't quite fit with the rest! Lol.

Good to know it works though 😊

Timmd on 09 Apr 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Excellent!

BusyLizzie on 10 Apr 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

In the days when fuller and longer skirts were in, I ruined so many of them by catching them in the bike chain. These days I mostly wear trousers, but have been pleased to rediscover cycling in a straight skirt just below the knee. Very convenient, no flappy trouser bottoms.

L Pefa on 10 Apr 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Wheet whew!

It must be difficult if it's windy though to maintain some modesty if it's above the knee. Sounds not only sexy but classy to. I remember seeing a German woman a couple summers ago pull up to the shops in Gottingen riding a bike and wearing denim shorts and strappy 4" high heel stilettos and wondering how awkward that must have been.

girlymonkey - on 10 Apr 2019
In reply to Pefa:

Ah, you have totally the wrong picture in your head! No floaty skirts and high heels! I'm frumpy and tasteless! It's a sensible M&S corduroy skirt with flat sensible boots! (Did I mention the many colours on the boots? They are very cool!). Also, it being an early spring evening in Glasgow, I had some nice warm leggings under it to keep me warm! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.