Cycling in a skirt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 09 Apr 2019

totally works! 

You do, however, get amused looks as you overtake your other half while going up hill.

Just so you can picture the whole scene, I was in colourful knee length boots (the whole reason for wearing a skirt in the first place!), a skirt that comes to just above the knees, paramo jacket with posh silk scarf and fancy tweed hand bag over my shoulder... riding a road bike! A couple of bits of the picture don't quite fit with the rest! Lol.

Good to know it works though 😊

Timmd 09 Apr 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Excellent!

BusyLizzie 10 Apr 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

In the days when fuller and longer skirts were in, I ruined so many of them by catching them in the bike chain. These days I mostly wear trousers, but have been pleased to rediscover cycling in a straight skirt just below the knee. Very convenient, no flappy trouser bottoms.

Pefa 10 Apr 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Wheet whew!

It must be difficult if it's windy though to maintain some modesty if it's above the knee. Sounds not only sexy but classy to. I remember seeing a German woman a couple summers ago pull up to the shops in Gottingen riding a bike and wearing denim shorts and strappy 4" high heel stilettos and wondering how awkward that must have been.

OP girlymonkey 10 Apr 2019
In reply to Pefa:

Ah, you have totally the wrong picture in your head! No floaty skirts and high heels! I'm frumpy and tasteless! It's a sensible M&S corduroy skirt with flat sensible boots! (Did I mention the many colours on the boots? They are very cool!). Also, it being an early spring evening in Glasgow, I had some nice warm leggings under it to keep me warm! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...