Crazy crazies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 07 Jan 2022

I find it alarming how deranged some anti-vaxxers are!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-59896688

nThomp 07 Jan 2022
In reply to girlymonkey:

It's Twitter so not surprising.

There's plenty of footage on Twitter itself of equally deranged stuff in the other direction; people being screamed at and set upon for stepping too close to others or not wearing their masks correctly.

I'd really prefer if the likes of the BBC simply ignored these cases. They are making an issue out of the kind of pile-on's that happen every day on Twitter, and only contributing to the hysteria.

wintertree 07 Jan 2022
In reply to girlymonkey:

I abhor the idea of this crisis-actor nonsense appearing in the UK.

These are people who have had their thinking fundamentally broken by dangerous forces.  It's the same kind of broken thinking that led to the storming of the Capitol this time last year, and no doubt we'll see it being pushed more and more even as Covid fades in to the background.

In reply to nThomp:

I saw you'd checked out or been checked out the other day.  Welcome to the Hotel California.

Post edited at 17:32
 MG 07 Jan 2022
In reply to nThomp:

Some "both-siding" arguments are reasonable.  Yours are just tediously ridiculous, and predictable. 

In reply to nThomp:

> I'd really prefer if the likes of the BBC simply ignored these cases.

I'd really prefer it if the BBC stopped using Twitter as a lazy source of 'news items'.

In reply to nThomp:

> It's Twitter so not surprising.

> There's plenty of footage on Twitter itself of equally deranged stuff in the other direction; people being screamed at and set upon for stepping too close to others or not wearing their masks correctly.

<citation needed>

deepsoup 07 Jan 2022
In reply to captain paranoia:

> I'd really prefer it if the BBC stopped using Twitter as a lazy source of 'news items'.

Er..  I agree with the sentiment, but in this case it was the other way round wasn't it?  Poor guy was only the subject of a pile-on by the loons on Twitter after he featured in a BBC news report.

In reply to nThomp:

The other direction from lies and falsehood is honesty and truth. Some of those who tend in that "direction" may be being rather aggressive, but I they are not deranged. Whereas, to believe in fake news is deranged.

In reply to deepsoup:

> Er..  I agree with the sentiment, but in this case it was the other way round wasn't it?

True...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...