Covid graffiti

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 07 Jun 2021

Saw this on my mornings dog walk and have just reported it to the council for it to get removed. My mate who I was with said: ‘they should say that to my sister in law’. My mates brother refused the jab last Feb and then died of Covid. 

These folk are bonkers. 

wintertree 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

The same around here.  One by the ECML and one from a local nature reserve.  

Edit: Yours is a lot balmier. 

I was gutted to find that a series of giant panels with amazing science fiction graffiti images (deserts, arctic ice station, alien vistas etc) on a rural underpass under the A1(m) have been painted over.  I've got photos of them somewhere buried.

Post edited at 11:50

In reply to wintertree:

My daughter reckons these are people who don't feel listened to by the government ( on anything) and have found a cult, clique, anti-establishment group to join and nothing will change their minds.

Dave Garnett 07 Jun 2021

This is still my favourite Covid graffito

https://i.redd.it/2wl7g6z0w1z51.jpg

Offwidth 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Genius

lithos 07 Jun 2021
In reply to wintertree:

balmier ? 

In reply to Dave Garnett: .... that's good

wintertree 07 Jun 2021
In reply to lithos:

> balmier ? 

Lass balmy.

I realise now it’s barmy and barmier.

I suppose I could pretend to be talking about invasive Himalayan balm which is definitely making some of our nature reserves balmier...

I was in a car with my friend the other day, as we drove past graffiti under a nearby bridge which read 'Guinea Pigs' followed by a picture of a syringe.

'oooh Guinea pigs! How exciting! Where' she exclaimed before it dawned on her. 

Lankyman 07 Jun 2021
In reply to wintertree:

> I suppose I could pretend to be talking about invasive Himalayan balm which is definitely making some of our nature reserves balmier...

Or even Himalayan Balsam? Some of the banks of the Lune are getting quite balsamic ......

Bulls Crack 07 Jun 2021

Why do these fekwits think a government would want to destroy their economy? 

Philip 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Bulls Crack:

They don't. This is real world version of what social media has brought in the form of trolls.

They don't write it because they believe it, they write it to upset. Like most of the trash on Twitter, it's offensive for the sake of it, rather than someone holding and believing offensive things.

shantaram 07 Jun 2021

The new shiny mountain rescue stretcher box at Styhead Tarn was plastered with COVID conspiracy theory stickers on Sunday. These have now thankfully been removed. 

Ridge 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Philip:

> They don't write it because they believe it, they write it to upset. Like most of the trash on Twitter, it's offensive for the sake of it, rather than someone holding and believing offensive things.

I'd like to believe that, but a lot of people actually seem to believe anti-vax nonsense.

wintertree 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> Or even Himalayan Balsam? Some of the banks of the Lune are getting quite balsamic ......

I should stop trying to be clever, I'm defeated at the starting blocks by things like grammar and spelling.

artif 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Philip:

Unfortunately they do believe it.

Had a couple of covid deniers around at the weekend, otherwise quite pleasant people, but anti vax and convinced it's a government plot.

The media are also covering everything up, as the million people march he was on in London wasn't reported anywhere. 

Amusing and depressing at the same time. 

In reply to artif:

Yes indeed. I am very far away from being a covid denier and/or anti vax.

However I do see the restrictions (again which I fully support) as an interesting exercise in totalitarianism. How long will "they" keep the track and trace App in operation? Who will have access to this data, and how will they use the knowledge that I have had beer and chips in the stickle barn 3 times recently? 

broken spectre 07 Jun 2021
In reply to artif:

It's arguably mainly depressing how loads of people are going nuts in the same way.

The modern day fruitcake lacks originality.

If someone wants to go bananas - Indulge in some florid psychosis by all means but please have some self respect and reject the banal 'off the shelf' mass delusion of the one size fits all covid denier!

It's tedious beyond words...

Post edited at 21:10
 Philip 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Ridge:

> I'd like to believe that, but a lot of people actually seem to believe anti-vax nonsense.

I didn't say there aren't anti-vax, but I don't think they're the ones protesting. I bet trolls out number vocal antivaxers.

Iamgregp 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Philip:

Nah, I used to work with one of those conspiracy theorists. Believed  dinosaurs never existed, anti vaxx, thought all the world leaders were in cahoots together to control us, she certainly had some concerns about the flatness of the earth...  I could go  on but rest assured she believed it all.

It was pretty difficult to have to spend so much time with someone who was that much of a f*ckwit to be honest.

mountainbagger 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Iamgregp:

> Nah, I used to work with one of those conspiracy theorists. Believed  dinosaurs never existed, anti vaxx, thought all the world leaders were in cahoots together to control us, she certainly had some concerns about the flatness of the earth...  I could go  on but rest assured she believed it all.

> It was pretty difficult to have to spend so much time with someone who was that much of a f*ckwit to be honest.

I think Ricky Gervais should write a new series of The Office with that character in it.

mondite 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Presley Whippet:

> Who will have access to this data, and how will they use the knowledge that I have had beer and chips in the stickle barn 3 times recently? 

Which isnt unreasonable and why the original track and trace app got so much push back (aside from it being technically flawed). Since it would have gathered a lot more data than the deliberately limited google/apple api approach.

Its worth noting the English version got rejected from the app stores this April since they wanted to start uploading the QR code information and again that got blocked.

However on the flip side we have the anti covid crowd arguing that wearing masks is somehow a government plot to get us all to submit to them which is a somewhat odd stance to take. You only need to look at Hong Kong in 2019 to see that a authortarian government doesnt tend to be a major fan of people hiding their faces for some odd reason.

Post edited at 23:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...