Conveyancing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Quick qn

Price for conveyancing for a house purchase. 

Is £1500 plus searches and stamp duty typical or should I be looking elsewhere? 

Many Thanks

Neil Williams 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Presley Whippet:

While that doesn't influence the effort in most cases, it's usually based on the sale price, so you'd probably need to post that as well.

In reply to Neil Williams:

neilh 16 Sep 2021

Well you would not want it to be £200 unless the house was worth next to nothing.

iwould suggest its about the going rate.It is after all £400k you are looking to protect in your interest.

Iamgregp 16 Sep 2021

Sounds a little on the high side.  Think we paid roughly a grand for a similar price property...  But they were shite so I guess you get what you pay for?!

tomsan91 16 Sep 2021

Quoted £1153 with a sale price of £229k in West Yorkshire

In reply to Iamgregp:

Thanks all, ballpark looks OK. Solicitors are reliable. 

PaulJepson 16 Sep 2021

The prices I got recently were about £1500 for the purchase (including searches) and £1100 for sale. That was on a ballpark property price of £260k.  

Billhook 16 Sep 2021

I'd negotiate. or advertise.

Last time we moved I emailed several of our town's solicitors, asking for a quote.  I can't remember exactly, but the differences in price was enormous.

We moved to Ireland once and I can still recall asking a solicitor how much conveyancing would cost us for the house we were buying.

As he scratched his fat belly he asked us whether it was going to be a holiday home, second home, were we going to live in it, were we retired, what I did for a living - was my wife working etc.,  

We could just see that he was doing nothing else other than working out how much we could afford.  

PaulJepson 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Billhook:

Negotiating might have been an option if conveyancers werent up to their eyeballs in work currently. 

Lord_ash2000 17 Sep 2021

Seems about right, We've just paid similar for a similar priced house

timjones 17 Sep 2021
In reply to neilh:

> Well you would not want it to be £200 unless the house was worth next to nothing.

> iwould suggest its about the going rate.It is after all £400k you are looking to protect in your interest.

Does the time involved increase with the cost of the house?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...