Climbing Related Pregnancy announcement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 28 Jun 2021

Hi All,

So looking for some ideas on how to tell my friends about our pregnancy. My friend recently did it by hanging with a full rack off his harness and a dummy on it. - https://i.ibb.co/kHkY44g/IMG-20210621-WA0003.jpg 

Obviously don't want to copy him, but still want a fun way to announce it. Any good suggestions? 

Cheers 

ChrisBrooke 28 Jun 2021
In reply to Removed Userghost3h:

Not climbing related, but the favourite one I've seen from a mate was a picture of him holding two bags of ice next to his wife's stomach....

Removed User 28 Jun 2021
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

I have to admit, that took me longer than it should have to get....and I knew the bloody punchline 

chris_r 28 Jun 2021

Surely they'll all have just read about it here?

ChrisBrooke 28 Jun 2021

> I have to admit, that took me longer than it should have to get....and I knew the bloody punchline 

Obviously works better as a visual gag than in text

Lankyman 28 Jun 2021

Just say the bulge is nothing to do with doughnuts

deacondeacon 28 Jun 2021

You registered with ukc just to ask this?

Come on.what are you trying to sell?

Removed User 28 Jun 2021

Just announce the end of your climbing career.

summo 28 Jun 2021

Whilst this is hopefully great news for you and aspirant grand parents, don't under estimate how dull it maybe to friends etc.. just tell them and continue life as normal.  

deacondeacon 28 Jun 2021
In reply to Removed User:

The little one coming along did wonders for my climbing. I became much more focused and driven, making sure every session was worthwhile. 

elsewhere 28 Jun 2021

Two worn nuts for sale. No longer required.

PS Congratulations!

Post edited at 18:02
 duchessofmalfi 28 Jun 2021

Just tell them

DerwentDiluted 28 Jun 2021

Bump

wintertree 28 Jun 2021
In reply to deacondeacon:

> You registered with ukc just to ask this?

> Come on.what are you trying to sell?

Their climbing gear?

Only use I've got out of mine since sprogging is using my harness, a couple of long slings, a couple of carabiners and my micro spikes to go for a run in the snow, towing Jr in a sledge from the haul loop on my harness…

Bottom Clinger 28 Jun 2021

G g g g g g g Gangnam Style !!

Seriously though, why not hang a cot off your harness. 

minimike 28 Jun 2021

Get a pair of T-shirts printed saying ‘this is our last route for at least 5 years’ and go climbing..

mountainbagger 28 Jun 2021
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

> Not climbing related, but the favourite one I've seen from a mate was a picture of him holding two bags of ice next to his wife's stomach....

Took me a while too, but very good!

SAF 28 Jun 2021
In reply to summo:

> Whilst this is hopefully great news for you and aspirant grand parents, don't under estimate how dull it maybe to friends etc.. just tell them and continue life as normal.  

Yes agree with this. Also gender (sex) reveals, when no one but the parents (and often not even them) care whether the baby is pink or blue!!

Just crack on and tell the people that matter (the ones you will turn to for support if things don't go to plan) and then everyone else as and when you feel like it/ they notice.

Graeme G 28 Jun 2021
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

> Bump

I like what you did there. 

LastBoyScout 29 Jun 2021

Bring out a couple of size 12 hexes and announce he's ready for the vasectomy?

LastBoyScout 29 Jun 2021
In reply to wintertree:

> Only use I've got out of mine since sprogging is using my harness, a couple of long slings, a couple of carabiners and my micro spikes to go for a run in the snow, towing Jr in a sledge from the haul loop on my harness…

There are currently 3 old slings, 4 old screwgates and a couple of bits of tat anchoring the swing to the ground in the garden!

> Hi All,

> So looking for some ideas on how to tell my friends about our pregnancy. My friend recently did it by hanging with a full rack off his harness and a dummy on it. - https://i.ibb.co/kHkY44g/IMG-20210621-WA0003.jpg 

> Obviously don't want to copy him, but still want a fun way to announce it. Any good suggestions? 

> Cheers 

There's no point hanging anything off your harness , you've not been using protection surely ?   or if you have you've placed it wrong !!!

MonkeyPuzzle 29 Jun 2021

I'd just like to say congratulations. 

I hope everything goes well for you both.

Andy Hardy 29 Jun 2021

You could post a picture of Genesis' 1978 late prog rock offering: "and then there three"

Derry 29 Jun 2021

picture of busted cam

caption: "protection failed. I'm pregnant"

wercat 29 Jun 2021

send out requests via social media for tips on making a baby gymn out of bits of (now redundant) climbing gear ...

We made a wooden frame out of some spare wood and a broom handle just the right height for some variously coloured quickdraws to hang within small hand reach - it was a great success for both of ours.

DYO DARA=Do your own Design and Risk assessment

Post edited at 11:48
 Andy DB 29 Jun 2021

I got sent a picture of a sonogram by a mate with the caption you lot can't be relied upon apon so am growing my own belayer!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...