Classic clubbing night for charity

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex@home 21 Aug 2018

Ditch Your Goretex puts on classic clubbing nights in the High Peak with the proceeds going to local charities. Our aim is to recreate the vibe from when we all loved going out which was in the 90s. We have 4 DJs who play the music they loved to hear so that means everything from Hacienda classics to hard house stompers with pretty much everything in between.

Our next night is at Whaley Bridge Bowling Club on September 15th from 8pm to 1am. It's just £5 to get in and all proceeds will be split between The Thomas Theyer Foundation and Ride For Charlie. Both of these charities have turned the unimaginable loss of a child into something positive and we want to support them as much as we can.

Anyone interested can find out more about Ditch Your Goretex and our events on our Facebook page. If you don't do FB then please ask any questions here and I'll answer them. Both of the charities have pages on FB and also their own websites.

All our parties have a great atmosphere so come along, have a brilliant night and help us to support these fantastic charities

Sam W 21 Aug 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

This is a great idea, wish we lived closer, would definitely get a babysitter and have a night out

TonyM 22 Aug 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

Massively enjoyed one of your earlier club nights. Unbelievably professional - the choons, the mixing, sound system, lights, general vibe. Top marks all round! 

OP Alex@home 23 Aug 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

I put together a promo video for the night. It features 5 tracks chosen by each of our 4 DJs which sum up their sound. The visuals include clips from 90s raves, clips from some of our previous parties and some other things that seemed to fit.

You can see it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T96Y22wH0Uj-sWXAvMqJRCfRJ5tZ6omX

Stoney Boy 26 Aug 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

Respekt to the Whaley Posse....Will miss this one but have a good night.

OP Alex@home 26 Aug 2018
In reply to Stoney Boy:

Thanks - we will! Shame you can't make it but keep your eyes open for the next one

Lusk 26 Aug 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

What are the beer prices?
I'm not dropping an E and drinking water all night.

OP Alex@home 26 Aug 2018
In reply to Lusk:

Why? Are you dropping one and drinking beer all night

It's in the bowling club so not too expensive. Think it's about £3 a pint

Post edited at 16:50
OP Alex@home 01 Sep 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

Bump - only 2 weeks to go

ClimberEd 01 Sep 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

Great little vid.

They really don't make music like they used to (but I guess every old fart says that.)

I'm having a burst of nostalgia and might actually just make a weekend of it.

OP Alex@home 08 Sep 2018
In reply to ClimberEd:

One last bump. It's just a week until our Club Classics night. A mere £5 for 5 hours of awesome tunes with all proceeds going to charity. Hope to see you there

Toccata 08 Sep 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

Dammit. On call. Bought a ticket anyway. Well done.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...