Clap for Boris?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 07 Apr 2020

Anyone?

Tony the Blade 07 Apr 2020
In reply to Removed User:

Why?

Carless 07 Apr 2020

Much as I dislike the guy and wonder how on earth he became Prime Minister, wishing him to get the clap seems very uncharitable

(well someone had to)

girlymonkey 07 Apr 2020

A slow sarcastic clap for not taking this seriously enough early on?! 

I wouldn't wish this virus on anyone, and a prime minister dying during a global pandemic would be particularly bad timing, so of course we want the best possible outcome for him. However, I am not going to pretend that I have any warm feelings towards him.

RomTheBear 07 Apr 2020

> Anyone?

Maybe it isn’t politically correct to say so but I don’t feel all that much empathy for the guy.

Post edited at 16:15
 AdrianC 07 Apr 2020

I thought he had covid 19.

the sheep 07 Apr 2020

Nah, dont think I will bother.

RomTheBear 07 Apr 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

> A slow sarcastic clap for not taking this seriously enough early on?! 

> I wouldn't wish this virus on anyone, and a prime minister dying during a global pandemic would be particularly bad timing, so of course we want the best possible outcome for him.

Especially considering the alternative is Raab...

So we just forget all the racist, homophobic, corrupt, inept, elitist acts and clap him... because he's ill? 

He's probably been tested for it.

T.

MonkeyPuzzle 07 Apr 2020

I felt awkward and a more than a bit mawkish clapping for the NHS, mainly because they all deserve free booze forever plus a doubling of their wages rather than me mashing my spotlessly clean but now cracked and translucent hands together on my doorstep.

I don't wish Johnson to come to serious physical harm, but applause? To say thanks for trying not to worry us about this until mid-March?

Yanis Nayu 07 Apr 2020

I’m sure it wouldn’t be the first time. 

mullermn 07 Apr 2020

I think it illustrates that sizeable number of people who are on the ‘clap for x’ bandwagon are less interested in a message of support actually reaching ‘x’ and more interested in having yet another social differentiator to ‘tut’ over. 

jkarran 07 Apr 2020

All the best to the chap in his health struggles but nope.

jk

French Erick 07 Apr 2020

I don’t wish him dead anyway so we can take him to task for following a malevolent ideology that undermined the very system we are all trying to spare! So no clapping on my part so .... Naw... he can right feck off as far as I am concerned!

> Anyone?

Clap from Boris is more likely.

krikoman 07 Apr 2020
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

> I felt awkward and a more than a bit mawkish clapping for the NHS, mainly because they all deserve free booze forever plus a doubling of their wages rather than me mashing my spotlessly clean but now cracked and translucent hands together on my doorstep.

But if that's all you can give a the moment, please do. My sis is a nurse and she was overcome by people clapping in their street, she went out to clap her work mates. As we all know, it's not the "British" thing to show our emotions, but I think the clap is on way to say thanks.  I know it gave her a boost, so please clap, for my sister and all the others who just might take some joy from your actions.

haworthjim 07 Apr 2020

What like this you mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=s6_MfQ9FloE&

I detest the guy and all he stands for but I do hope he makes a full recovery. I won't be clapping tonight.

Lemony 07 Apr 2020
In reply to mullermn:

> I think it illustrates that sizeable number of people who are on the ‘clap for x’ bandwagon are less interested in a message of support actually reaching ‘x’ and more interested in having yet another social differentiator to ‘tut’ over. 

I'm not convinced that's fair. It strikes me that a lot of people, in the face of an unknown fear, are motivated to want to do something, whether or not that thing actually has any demonstrable, practical benefit. On here I'd say it's manifested in people "rapidly upskilling" in epidemiology, picking through the fine detail of government proclamations and, some cases, trying to use social pressure to police behaviour.

Lots of people lack even the outlet of UKC and if you're isolated in your house, surrounded by complex scary messaging being reinforced by you social media bubble then an outlet which has a simple message and requires a simple response is obviously going to be very welcome and also provide you with something to latch on to as a cause.

Billhook 07 Apr 2020

Why on earth would you want to wish Boris has the clap??

Removed User 07 Apr 2020

Distinct lack of applause in my village. I was all ready to start mouthing off from my window too.

Wiley Coyote2 07 Apr 2020

Deafening silence here

Chris Murray 07 Apr 2020

My mate is on a ventilator. So are thousands of others. I'd rather clap for them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...