Christmas Present Idea

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi all,

In need of some ideas for a Christmas present for my Dad. In the interest of making memories I usually arrange for us to go to a gig or talk. Previously we’ve done a Brian Cox seminar in Leeds, The Dylan Project in Penistone, Fairport Convention in Settle and a Simon Yates talk in Farsley. All great stuff. 
I’m struggling to find something interesting this year though so please throw some ideas at me. Can be anywhere in West or South Yorkshire or the Peak. Also doesn’t have to be at Christmas, maybe as late as February is still ok.

thanks in advance

Jim 

In reply to The Freewheelin’ Jim182:

Buxton Opera House is a great venue, really atmospheric, mostly run by enthusiastic volunteers to keep it open. Mark Beaumont and Rick Wakeman (separately!) are on between now & March. Also Banff Mountain films and George McGavin.

https://buxtonoperahouse.org.uk/whats-on

Rupert Woods 27 Nov 2022

If you haven’t already seen it, Girl from the North Country is a great show and I see it’s on in Sheffield mid January. Thoroughly recommend!

Umfana 27 Nov 2022

It's not even close to Christmas, nor in the regions you specify, but Chris Hadfield is talking in Birmingham in June.

I quite liked his TED talk on going blind while on a space walk.

Thanks all, some great ideas to work from there. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...