Christine McVie RIP

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 30 Nov 2022

No longer will she sing those great tunes/lyrics.

Christine McVie has died at age 79.

She's going to be sorely missed.

Thoughts go to her relations and friends in the band, as well as other friends.

In reply to veteye:

Such a talent. That left hand diddly-pop hook of hers is just brilliant.

In reply to veteye:

My wife is devastated. She was/is a massive FM fan.

OP veteye 30 Nov 2022
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Slowly our foundations of music, which we grew up with, are being crumbled away.

Great musicians of the older age are going to the nether world, and we are left mourning not just those individuals, but an age, an apogee of musical innovation and output.

mike reed 01 Dec 2022
In reply to veteye:

Yep, slowly age and ill health is taking away some of my most cherished musical heroes. Thank God Elton is still here. 

She had a velvet voice and I loved her simple classic love songs. A gem. 

PaulJepson 01 Dec 2022
In reply to veteye:

That's sad, You make loving fun is my favourite FM song.

Lankyman 01 Dec 2022
In reply to veteye:

A real shame. I wasn't a Fleetwood Mac fan but I'm of an age where Rumours was such a huge part of the background to moving into adulthood. I just looked up her Wikipedia entry and found she was born in Bouth in the quiet area around the Rusland Valley. I shall think of her next time I'm over that way.

nniff 01 Dec 2022
In reply to veteye:

Very sad.  I grew up to the sound of Fleetwood Mac and saw them not long ago at the O2, when they were exceptionally good

AllanMac 01 Dec 2022
In reply to veteye:

They played Songbird at the end of the Today Prog. Very moving. She had such a gift for melody.

Sad news.

I saw her on piano with Chicken Shack in a crowded pub gig in 1968 or 69

In reply to veteye:

I used to play in a classical ensemble with her dad Cyril Perfect, who also taught violin at my school and so got to meet her a couple of times. She was as nice in person as she was talented. A really great loss.

Lankyman 01 Dec 2022
In reply to veteye:

Just remembered I listened to a podcast she did recently on BBC Sounds. Gary Barlow 'We write the Songs' I think, where he discusses things musical with various artists.

OP veteye 01 Dec 2022
In reply to AllanMac:

They also played Songbird on Radio 3 Breakfast this morning. The music cuts across most people's backgrounds and ages, as well as genres of music.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...