Change UK - what now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I was hoping that ChangeUK would have made it to become a middle, perhaps centre right group which would represent me and my views - I even had a glimmer of hope that Ken Clark would join after he was kicked out of the Tories and lead a new party into a moderate, sensible future - but it seems that another MP has moved to the LibDems.

What now for this group; did they really have much chance to stand alone?  Are they now consigned to the shelf of a small, single issue splinter squad?

Missed opportunity I think.

subtle 08 Oct 2019
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> What now for this group; did they really have much chance to stand alone?  Are they now consigned to the shelf of a small, single issue splinter squad?

> Missed opportunity I think.

Whilst they were principled enough to leave their existing party, and to form a new one they didn't exactly maintain these principals for long did they as most have now left Change Uk as you say

A shame, but the same happened with the SDP

Mike Stretford 08 Oct 2019

We've already got the LibDems, I don't see the point in another centrist pro-Eu party. You might say 'but the LibDems did this or that', but I don't think any of those are a good reason for another splinter party. Political parties are in a state of flux, join the one closest to you and you can be involved in shaping it.

I think one of the problems we have is centrist voters in particular are acting like first world consumers when choosing who to vote for.

Post edited at 10:41
 Pyreneenemec 08 Oct 2019

Macron reinvented  the centre-ground in France, coming from nowhere to be elected President, then taking his newly formed centrist party 'En Marche' to a huge parliamentary majority. It's natural for a democracy to be governed by centre parties, either alone or better still in coalitions that represent a true majority of voters and not the 40% that the current bunch of w&nkers   achieved. 

With both Labour and the Conservatives leaning to the extremes, the time is ripe for a common sense centrist party to re-become 'our natural party of Government'.

Trevers 08 Oct 2019

They were trying to move into a space that was already occupied by the Lib Dems.

More problematic was their branding and PR. Utterly humiliating. So far as I could tell, their central pitch was for nothing at all to change.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...