Champions League

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ben_Climber 18 Apr 2019

Tottenham fan here. Just about recovered from last night!

What a game

sana095 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

Loved the way Spurs performed last night. 

felt 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

Must be hard to support a team in that kit.

Lornajkelly 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

LFC fan here - about ten minutes in I was starting to wonder if maybe I was watching the wrong match!

See you in the final!

Greenbanks 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

The game, for once, rose above all the commercial crap that surrounds football. A great watch for the neutral.

OP Ben_Climber 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

I haven't been that nervous watching a game for a long time.

Lornajkelly, confident of getting passed Barca?

mick taylor 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

As a Wigan fan I am used (almost bored) to my team beating Man City in cup competitions.  But your game was a special one - amazing stuff.

Roadrunner6 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

That was literally incredible. 5 goals in 21 minutes and then that ending.

Andrew Kin 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

Spurs fan most of my life.  I can’t remember ever being so high, so low, so high, so low, so high.

wish I had worn a heart rate monito.  My son went to the pub with his pals as he supports Liverpool.  He came in with a huge grin on his face, only for his mum to declare dad needs some new pants son.

That game is for me what football is about.  It was insane but beautiful.

In reply to Ben_Climber:

I cant help but feel a little pleased. Man City fans are intolerably smug at times.

Clauso 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

The noisy neighbours seemed to be a little quieter today... The Barcelona comments abated a bit, anyhow.

Post edited at 18:26
 Greenbanks 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Clauso:

Even though the observations were very much deserved. I wonder how many clubs are eyeing Edwin van der Sar at the moment? Woodward probably hasn't the gumption.

Denni 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Lornajkelly:

Not sure they'll sneak past Barcelona........

JuneBob 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

Ajax fan here, you're all toast

Seriously though, I really hope we win this time because we're unlikely to be in this position again for a long time unless UEFA stops favouring rich teams, while the other 3 semi finalists will be genuine contenders every season for the foreseeable future.

Lornajkelly 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

Not entirely.  There's something of a "it's coming home" type of spirit in the house at the moment, with all the blind optimism that it brings.  It's not necessarily a done deal, we'll have to see what happens.  I'm hoping facing Coutinho brings out the best in them.  Honestly, it could go either way.

andyd1970 18 Apr 2019
In reply to Ben_Climber:

It’s funny when think about Man City as a “Big Club” and they’ve never actually been past the semi final stage. 

Kipper 18 Apr 2019
In reply to andyd1970:

> It’s funny when think about Man City as a “Big Club” and they’ve never actually been past the semi final stage. 

And as a supporter of neither, let's hope that the 'quadruple' turns out to be the 'single' Carabao Cup (whatever one of those is).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...