Carl Beech

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 23 Jul 2019

No doubt many professionals will be asking a miriad of questions but what sort of person fabricates so many allegations against so many people and for what purpose?

Phil1919 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Removed UserBoingBoing:

I just find it such tedious news. I suppose it has to be reported.

David Riley 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Phil1919:

Shame the accusations were not thought tedious.

Yanis Nayu 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Phil1919:

I think it’s important because it highlights the period when police were told to believe people making these kind of accusations rather than listening and investigating with an open mind. 

Postmanpat 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> I think it’s important because it highlights the period when police were told to believe people making these kind of accusations rather than listening and investigating with an open mind. 

Except when they were young girls in Rochdale and other northern towns when police were told not to believe people making these kind of accusations nor listen or investigate with an open mind. 

Lemony 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Postmanpat:

Wasn't their credulity in this case a direct consequence of their failure to react in cases like Rochdale? The Rochdale abusers were already in prison well before Carl Beech started levelling his accusations.

marsbar 23 Jul 2019

It would appear that he was a liar as a child and probably rather spoilt on one hand, whilst having a disrupted childhood on the other.  

I would suspect that to some extent he believed his own lies and he may well have been one of those children who would deny wrongdoing despite clear evidence to the contrary.  

It probably began as a way to express his hate towards his stepfather and grew uncontrolled from there. 

marsbar 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Phil1919:

I find it tedious when you bang on about environmental issues.  

Child abuse is important and learning from mistakes is vital.  

Several of the accused had their lives ruined.  

Meanwhile actual victims of child abuse may find it more difficult to be believed due to his appalling behaviour.  

At a time when abortions are being denied it's important to see what happens when you don't parent a child to take responsibility.  

Removed User 23 Jul 2019
In reply to marsbar:

Possibly.

The marriage between his mother and step father lasted only a few months and Beech did accuse him of abuse. The shortness of the marriage does suggest something did go very wrong very quickly.

The father was later thrown out of the army for being a headbanger.

That doesn't excuse Beech of course.

In reply to Postmanpat:

> Except when they were young girls in Rochdale and other northern towns when police were told not to believe people making these kind of accusations nor listen or investigate with an open mind. 

More to do with Saville surely

Phil1919 23 Jul 2019
In reply to marsbar:

......tedious, not unimportant. I don't need to have the issues explained to me.  

As for the environment.....that's something I'm passionate about.  I agree that forums like this can get annoying. I'll try and hold back even more than I do.

marsbar 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Phil1919:

Please don't hold back.   It's important.  

I just think it is best to ignore stuff you find tedious.  

Phil1919 23 Jul 2019
In reply to marsbar:

Ok, yes, I agree. I read the post last night just as I had turned the news on. I turned the radio off as I heard the sorry mess was going to be the 2nd item in the broadcast and sent in my post. 

Jon Greengrass 26 Jul 2019

Carl Beech claimed he was a victim of an ‘establishment group’

18yr prison sentence, he was right.

Gone for good 26 Jul 2019
In reply to Jon Greengrass:

> Carl Beech claimed he was a victim of an ‘establishment group’

With the moral backing of Tom Watson who no doubt  got involved because his political witchhunt radar was beeping full blast. Watson was happy to pronounce the accused as good as guilty and has belatedly apologised to the deceased accused family members. It's at times like this I am reminded why I dislike the odious deputy leader of the Labour party so much. It also sounds like he fabricated his story about being asked to tell Beech to press on with his outrageous claims of establishment abuse as the police can find no record of Watson's claims. 

> 18yr prison sentence, he was right.

Timmd 27 Jul 2019
In reply to marsbar: What you say reminds me of somebody I've known for most of my life who used to like to make up things, and later escape from reality into drug use, and even now seems to prefer to not fully engage with 'normal life', who's childhood was disrupted from an early age. He has one dad, and his younger sister has another one, and their younger brother has a dad who his mum married during his later childhood (whom he clashed with quite strongly during his teens). It makes me count myself lucky to have always had my 2 parents with me growing up. 

Post edited at 20:46

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...