Can the fans consider buying the club?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 23 Nov 2022

I am not a "direct fan", but I would consider putting up some money to help fans buy out the Bast**d Glazier brothers. 

Could they raise the money by facebook appeals and so on? Could old club players help?

Post edited at 06:28
 chris_r 23 Nov 2022
In reply to veteye:

Should be pretty easy. £5bn valuation,  2.8million people in Greater Manchester (I'm pretty certain that's where all the United fans live). So just shy of £2k each.

I'll pop an advert in tonight's Manchester Evening News with my bank account details in. Reckon I'll have it sorted by Friday.

In reply to chris_r:

You'll probably find that at least half of that 2.8m despise ManU and would rather be poked in the eye with something sharp.

That said, there are likely hundreds of millions of fans across the globe/UK provinces and therefore the £2k will probably be a few pounds for each 'fan' based in Japan, Ireland, the US, China, where most of the global 'fanbase' lives.

See my liberal use of the '''''s

jimtitt 23 Nov 2022
In reply to veteye:

Spelt Glazer. When it was member-owned they went nearly bust and were rescued by a brewery, why should it be different now?

Incidentally all German (and Austrian) clubs are required to be majority-controlled by the supporters with the exception of a few "company teams". Doesn't make the footie any better.

Rob Parsons 23 Nov 2022
In reply to veteye:

> I am not a "direct fan", but I would consider putting up some money to help fans buy out the Bast**d Glazier brothers. 

'Fans.' The Chinese, you mean? (https://www.forbes.com/sites/sampilger/2019/12/11/manchester-united-continu... : "Earlier this year a survey found that United have 253 million fans and followers in China, an increase on 108 million only seven years before.")

Yeah - I reckon they could probably afford it.

compost 23 Nov 2022
In reply to veteye:

> the Bast**d Glazier brothers. 

People who live in glass houses...

Post edited at 11:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...