Can I trust Boris?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

In light of the debate about Corbyn’s trustworthiness, I wondered if someone might address some questions I have about Boris’s trustworthiness?

There’s a list here which is making me concerned that Boris and his pals might have told the odd porkie (not a trait I value in a PM):

https://boris-johnson-lies.com

Could someone kindly work their way through the list and help with some explanation for these? Feel free to just help me out with the 36 entries from the last month if that’s easier, as the list really is rather long.

jasonC abroad 11 Dec 2019
In reply to Stuart Williams:

I find it best to assume Boris is lying until proven otherwise.

birdie num num 11 Dec 2019

Can Boris trust you?

Dave the Rave 11 Dec 2019

How far could you throw Boris? 

Lusk 11 Dec 2019

I couldn't see 'Austerity isn't anything to do with me.' on that list. It must be true then!

I'm eternally grateful that I have immutable beliefs on who I'm ever going to vote for, that I don't have to pick the scraps of truth off the uncountable number of bones in the graveyard of honesty.

Post edited at 20:26
 bouldery bits 11 Dec 2019

Can I Boris trust? 

In reply to Dave the Rave:

I’m pretty scrawny, I doubt I’d get him off the ground. 

In reply to birdie num num:

Well I’ve followed through with every promise I’ve ever made to leave the EU. You can check the stamps in my passport. 

daWalt 11 Dec 2019
In reply to jasonC abroad:

you can tell when he's lying: his lips move.

The Lemming 11 Dec 2019
In reply to daWalt:

> you can tell when he's lying: He got sacked from various jobs for lying

Fixed that for you

Dax H 11 Dec 2019
In reply to jasonC abroad:

> I find it best to assume Boris is lying until proven otherwise.

I find it best to assume every politician is lying until proven otherwise. I pick the one who's lies seem the most plausible in the hope that some of them make it through after the election. 

gravy 11 Dec 2019

It think you can trust Boris to be a cynical self-serving arsehole willing to do anything, and I mean anything, to get power.

In reply to gravy:

I think I’d have more respect for him if that was just their manifesto pledge. Just that, on a single page. Possibly in all caps. It would at least be a brief flash of integrity. 

pasbury 11 Dec 2019
In reply to Dax H:

You're gravy for populists.

Tringa 12 Dec 2019
In reply to pasbury:

I think Max Hastings, a previous boss, of Boris summed it up nicely. He said he would not take Boris's word about whether it is Monday or Tuesday.

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...