Buggy walks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 katherinec85 12 Oct 2019

Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions of walks with the buggy in the Lake District, particularly the South Lakes. We've got a 3 month old and an Out n About Nipper Sport buggy, so it's fairly off-road-friendly. I'd love to hear about walks that are suitable for the buggy, particularly anything off-road. 

Thanks in advance!

pasbury 12 Oct 2019
In reply to katherinec85:

Loughrigg and Rydal Water to Grasmere would be OK I think, but a while since I've been up that way.

There's the Grizedale sculpture trail too.

Not sure if you know the area and these are too obvious.

Post edited at 18:35
 petegunn 12 Oct 2019
In reply to pasbury:

Tarn How's is wheel chair friendly I think if approached from the top which is very close to the Grizedale forest trails, so would be easy with a buggy.

Check out miles without stiles :

https://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/visiting/things-to-do/walking/mileswithouts...

Post edited at 19:06
 Runtothehills 12 Oct 2019
In reply to petegunn:

Another shout for Miles without Stiles.

I have a disabled daughter who uses a wheelchair and use the site all the time.

OP katherinec85 12 Oct 2019

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

I should have said, we are local to the area so we've done the "obvious" places like Grizedale and Tarn Hows, so I'm wondering if anyone knew of any other gems.  I've previously only really spent my outdoors time being on the hills before having our little one, and so I'm less familiar with the lower ground, and what those paths and trails are like underfoot, and whether they have stiles, etc. 

Keep the ideas coming!

In reply to katherinec85:

In my experience very few paths in the great outdoors are suitable for baby buggies. May I suggest a baby carrier that is worn by the adult. For very young ones, the marsupial type of pouch that is worn on the front of the body is best. For older children, the frame mounted carrier that goes on the back is excellent. There used to be an excellent, simple Karrimor one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...