Bouldering Stag do Games ideas anyone? ????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 willoates 23 Jul 2019

Alreet everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas for games to play on a bouldering Stag do? 

Not looking to get hammered... The aim of the game is fun! 

Cheers guys 😀

deepsoup 23 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you're thinking of, but upside down slab climbing is good for a giggle.  Take one easy-angled slab, the kind you could walk up with no hands (even if you're not Johnny Dawes), but not too easily.  Ideally wide enough for two or more people to ascend next to each other so you can get a race going on.  (Shadow Slab (f2+) at Robin Hood's Stride is a good example.)

You start facing away from the rock in a press-up position with your toes at the foot of the slab.  Then 'walk' backwards, so your feet are going up the slab as your hands approach the rock.  When your hands reach the rock and you're in a sort of handstand position, keep going!  It's hard to make progress at first, feels precarious and silly, and gets very undignified when your feet are over the top but your hips aren't there yet.

Dan Arkle 23 Jul 2019

In reply to:

Blindfold climbing (spot well!! Or rope) 

Sit on a chair, climb under it and get back up the other side without touching the ground. 

Billhook 23 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

I think this will end badly - as many stag/hen parties do.

marsbar 23 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

Human hungry hippos.

birdie num num 23 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

Is it a gay wedding?

duchessofmalfi 23 Jul 2019

Please take your bouldering stag do indoors!

girlymonkey 23 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

Human bouldering? One person is the boulder, the other has to climb over and under them to finish back where they started. Maybe a bit odd if all blokes, but I guess it depends on the guys really

cap'nChino 24 Jul 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

> Human bouldering? One person is the boulder, the other has to climb over and under them to finish back where they started. Maybe a bit odd if all blokes, but I guess it depends on the guys really

^^ This but with a table and not a human.^^

In reply to willoates:

We always enjoy the old classic 'who can do the V0 with the fewest holds'. Make bets, ADD CONSEQUENCES

Tobes 24 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

Shark attack for a quickie/warm up.

i’ve run it in kids and adult sessions (even offshore workers - who loved it surprisingly!) 

Off the ground is safe, get everybody to close their eyes and crouch down. Walk around and tap someone (secretly) on the shoulder. They are the shark. Get everyone to swim around for a minute or so then shout shark attack-everyone has to get to safety (off the ground) before getting tapped by the shark.

on the last round tap half the group on the shoulder for extra ‘japes’

tlouth7 24 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

If indoors then twister can be good, ideally on a moderately angled traversing wall with plenty of colours. For more advanced climbers a steep circuit type wall also works but beginners won't last long enough to be fun.

For small groups Plus1 works well. One person picks a starting position and each person in turn adds a move. You can give people a couple of attempts (with forfeits?) or one failure and you're out. Often this game results in feet higher than your hands so be careful to monitor that the positions are reasonably safe.

mav 24 Jul 2019
In reply to Dan Arkle:

>

> Sit on a chair, climb under it and get back up the other side without touching the ground. 

My brother was into caving and on his stag, with many of his uni friends there, I discovered this was a standard university caving club weekend game. And that one weekend, they had had to use a saw to rescue my brother from a folding chair.

Northern Star 24 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

At the risk of sounding like an un-PC dinosaur, a lady from Newcastle I used to work with kept describing her rather large pair as her 'Boulders'.  Some sort of stag do drinking game around this perhaps?

Rigid Raider 24 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

Surely traversing round the room without touching the floor, climbing under and round a table, spinning round looking up at a broomstick pressed against the ceiling, are all standard climber games?

marsbar 24 Jul 2019
In reply to cap'nChino:

If there is a reasonable height footbridge over a stream anywhere that's another version. 

In reply to willoates:

Beer can walking is a good one: stand behind a line holding two beer cans

Keeping feet behind the line, 'walk' forwards by using the cans under each hand, then  leave one can as far away from the line as possible and come back with both hands on one can. 

If you touch the floor in front of the line with any part of your body you have to down one of the cans

Person with the can furthest from the line wins

In reply to willoates:

Also the cereal box game: take it in turns to pick up an empty cereal box with your mouth without touching the floor with anything other than your feet

Keep ripping an inch off the packet until everyone is out. You may need a rizla paper for the final round!

OP willoates 24 Jul 2019

Ace! Cheers for all the suggestions guys! I appreciate it alot! 😀

birdie num num 24 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

No problem 

Will Hunt 25 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

This one is good if you've got the accomodation for it.

Every year the LUUMC's first club trip is to Northumberland and the accomodation is the village hall in Lucker. It's a big, high ceilinged thing with beams going across the width of the hall at approx 4m off the floor. Hang a length of rope from a beam, and then about 3m away, hang another length of rope from the same beam. Each length of rope has a Fig 8 on a bight on it at about 2m off the floor.

So now you can dangle someone in a harness from one of the hanging ropes, and they're faced off by their opponent who is dangling a few metres away from the other rope. Each combatant removes one of their socks.

The combatants are then pulled away from each other and swung into each other as violently as possible. When they collide, they must grapple with each other and do everything they can to remove their opponents sock, while thrashing their legs wildly in a bid to prevent their sock being removed. Tip: don't wear big thick walking socks. Too easy to grab.

The loser is the person whose sock is removed first. To be honest, there isn't really a winner. It's called sock wrestling. I believe other University clubs have weedier and inferior versions (really low beams so you can't swing people into each other, or even (appalingly) having the noble contest take place on the floor), but I've never heard of a contest that matches up to Leeds'.

ebdon 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Will Hunt:

Birmingham Uni used to always have sock wrestling at freshers meets (although not of this pansy dangling from the ceiling malarkey, on the floor like goddam real men) it was however spectacularly dangerous after a few drinks. I once saw a guy thrown through a plaster board wall and another quite badly hurt after being slammed head first into the floor.

Trangia 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Dan Arkle:

> Blindfold climbing (spot well!! Or rope) 

> Sit on a chair, climb under it and get back up the other side without touching the ground. 

A variation of this is to sit on a timber chair and place a match box on the ground next to to one of the rear legs. The participant then has to retrieve it using only his teeth by going round the back of the chair from the opposite direction without touching the ground, falling off or tipping the chair over, and then return to the sitting position.

Another is to start with your feet on a line and then with a ten pin skittle pin in each hand place one of them as far forward as you can and then return to the standing position again, using the pin in the other hand to balance on. Touching the ground with a hand or knee disqualifies. The winner is the one who places his pin furthest from the line. NB when I was a student we used to play this game with wine bottles - NOT recommended because if the bottle you are balancing on breaks you will be impale yourself through the stomach.....:{

Post edited at 16:47
 Kevster 25 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

If you're all boulderers, I'd suggest some deep water soloing. Maybe a stamina route?

RM199 25 Jul 2019
In reply to willoates:

Another one popular with cavers is the pan and sling game.

place a large strong pan on the floor and the place a sling around it two people then balance in the pan with one staying still as ballast and one ‘going down’ to get the sling and pull it past the both of them. The sling then gets smaller etc. It’s good and competitive with a winning team including a big ballast person and a small person often nestling their crotch. Great fun.

also a second vote for the cereal box and beer can games. Likewise a two player variation can be had with a ballast man and a beanpole working as a pair. 

In reply to duchessofmalfi:

The outdoors is not to be enjoyed. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...