Booking second vaccine shot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Hood 23 Mar 2021

So me and my better half went online yesterday to book second jab (just to see if we could) and it worked.

Had to give NHS number so it knows it's us. Says don't book if you don't fit the criteria (down to about 55 now) but it doesn't say anything about a minimum gap between 1st and 2nd jabs which surprised us.

We actually went for the latest bookable date at a local center which is only as far away as 8th April BUT that's only 7 weeks after our first jab. We were expecting to be told "go away and don't come back for another month".

Anyone else had similar or contrary experiences with the online booking?

Ridge 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

We booked both jabs together.

I foolishly went back online to check the date and time of my second, at which point the site cancelled it for some reason.

Fortunately I was able to rebook on the same day, but on an esrlier time slot and much closer to home.

OP Michael Hood 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Ridge:

Was it restricting the length gap between the jabs?

Tobes 23 Mar 2021

Officially 3 weeks after the first jab is the earliest. Scotland went for a 12 week gap between jabs but there is some leeway with that. Off course those having their second are priority over those waiting on the first due to limited supplies.

That’s the situation in Scotland at least 

wercat 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Ridge:

I was going to ask that very question - had my first in Kendal which is a bit of a drag but my wife has hers in Grasmere - I was wondering if I could rebook and you've answered my question.

ranger*goy 23 Mar 2021

Thanks for that. I had my first at my GP and it’s let me book my 2nd at one of the centres. I feel better knowing exactly when it is.

Si dH 23 Mar 2021

I didn't know you could do this and I'm sure my mum doesn't. She isn't very IT savvy and didn't have to book her first appointment, she was called by her GP I think and she doesn't have a second appointment yet. What information would she need to get herself booked in with my help? Presumably you need to specify what jab you had first time round?

Post edited at 11:08
OP Michael Hood 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Si dH:

1st dose, text from GP then onto our CCG's booking website (not the national NHS one).

2nd dose, just went onto the same website, it had selectable options of the various locations and 1st jab, 2nd jab Pfizer, 2nd jab AZ

Needed NHS number which can also be found online https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number/

Whether other CCG's websites are the same - ours is Bury - who knows.

brianjcooper 23 Mar 2021

> Anyone else had similar or contrary experiences with the online booking?

Both had a first vaccination and received the 8th April for our second. Last week received a text to say now the 15th April. Shortage issues?

aln 24 Mar 2021

> So me and my better half went online yesterday to book second jab (just to see if we could) and it worked.

Can I ask you a question unrelated to this thread? 

OP Michael Hood 24 Mar 2021
In reply to aln:

Fire away, mail me if you think more appropriate than on thread

ranger*goy 24 Mar 2021
In reply to Si dH:

I used the National booking website, you just need your NHS number and DOB. I think it knows what vaccine you had for a first dose. I had AstraZeneca but it wouldn’t let me book for Dad who had Pfizer as his first dose.

Si dH 24 Mar 2021
In reply to ranger*goy and Michael Hood:

Thanks. It seems she didn't use the internet at all first time round, she just got a call from her local GP and booked in there over the phone. So I don't think she can book her second shot over the internet either, according to the website. Unless Ranger*goy it worked like this for you? Seems a shame to prevent internet bookings for a second shot if not used for the first, and I suspect there will be loads of older people in that situation.

Post edited at 09:21
 aln 24 Mar 2021

> Fire away, mail me if you think more appropriate than on thread

Hmm, I can't remember the question. Whatever it was, it seemed relevant last night when I was having my 1st sample of last years homebrew raspberry wine 🤔 Gone now. 

Jenny C 24 Mar 2021
In reply to Si dH:

My parents had their first jabs through the GP and when they went were told when to come back for the second dose. 

Si dH 24 Mar 2021
In reply to Jenny C:

> My parents had their first jabs through the GP and when they went were told when to come back for the second dose. 

I heard that some people were given second appointments at that point but it wasn't the case for many people (my mum or any of her friends in their late 60s - none of them have second appointments yet.)

ranger*goy 24 Mar 2021
In reply to Si dH:

My first shot came from a telephone call from the GP. I booked the second online because I didn’t want to be waiting for the phone call from the GP. I don’t always have chance to answer my phone when I’m at work. I wasn’t sure the booking system would work but it did.

Post edited at 14:45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...