Bercow going

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
baron 09 Sep 2019

So John Bercow is to stand down as speaker of the House of Commons.

Will he be remembered for defending democracy or for failing to defend his members of staff?

Having seen his demob happy performance in the house today then the sooner he goes the better.

Timmd 09 Sep 2019
In reply to baron:

He should go soon for being happy about being able to be free of the pressures of a job of high responsibility?

Post edited at 22:26
 Michael Hood 09 Sep 2019
In reply to baron:

I applaud him standing up for parliament against the government.

Everything else - hmm, doesn't sound so good, no applause there.

In reply to baron:

BBC2 Rise of the Nazis, ep2. At the start of 1933, Hitler is the chancellor of Germany but he does not have absolute power. He sets his sights on dismantling the German state. 

MonkeyPuzzle 09 Sep 2019
In reply to baron:

> So John Bercow is to stand down as speaker of the House of Commons.

> Will he be remembered for defending democracy or for failing to defend his members of staff?

> Having seen his demob happy performance in the house today then the sooner he goes the better.

Seems like an unpleasant man who has been exemplary at his job. Brexiteers conveniently forget how he gave them voice from the backbenches before the referendum. I dread to think where we'd be without his steadfastness under pressure.

JLS 09 Sep 2019
In reply to captain paranoia:

Watched a bit of that... I’m now wondering what day the Place of Westminster goes up in flames and Corbyn is “found” to have similar matches in his possession as were used to start the fire...

birdie num num 09 Sep 2019
In reply to baron:

I think the auditions for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs kick off on 1st Nov

Moley 10 Sep 2019
In reply to baron:

Whenever I see him I think of our bantam cockerel strutting about the field, with his 3 wives behind.

arch 10 Sep 2019
In reply to baron:

I couldn't give a flying Flamingo about John Bercow. I think he likes himself to much.

veteye 10 Sep 2019
In reply to arch:

Please sit down and correct your typographical error.

arch 10 Sep 2019
In reply to veteye:

I'm off to work, you do it please......

dread-i 10 Sep 2019
In reply to baron:

He does seem to be even handed, though, if reports are to be believed, a bit of a bully.

Angela Leadsom is after the role, as we need a more balanced, hard right, speaker. We need to get back on track and up to speed. We want to ensure a good plunge, rather than a mere fall, from the worlds stage.

Her only saving grace is that she is Maureen Lipman's evil twin.

https://tinyurl.com/y4hnl2s6

https://tinyurl.com/yyll3b75

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...