Balls to it, might as well go climbing!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Don't panic! I'm not going climbing. 

But I've spent the afternoon with the kids painting rainbows for the window (it's a thing apparently 🤔). And because I'm an idiot I've managed to let them get it on the floor. 

Seriously the backlash from going climbing would be nothing to the stick I'm going to get. 

Who puts vinyl paint in a kid's painting and craft box? 

Post edited at 14:46
Deadeye 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

If it's a hard floor, get some acetone

In reply to Deadeye:

> If it's a hard floor, get some acetone

Yeah, thanks.

Google came to the rescue. Salvaged it.

Oh how we laughed...

Fecking rainbow didn't cheer me up.

Removed User 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Deadeye:

Methylated spirit is good for removing emulsion.

two_tapirs 23 Mar 2020

Indoor tarmac is the new engineered wood flooring.

Andy Clarke 23 Mar 2020

> But I've spent the afternoon with the kids painting rainbows for the window (it's a thing apparently 🤔). And because I'm an idiot I've managed to let them get it on the floor. 

I'm an ex-Headteacher who spent his career in secondary schools, which I pretty much loved. One of my roles was Head of the Communications Faculty  (it was a thing back then) in a brilliant but tough school in a tough part of Wolverhampton. One morning the Head came to me and asked if I could spare a member of staff to cover for two or three days at a local primary which was in a bit of a crisis and suffering terrible difficulties getting supply staff. Maybe it was because my Faculty included Learning Support. Anyway, I decided I couldn't ask staff to do something I wasn't prepared to do myself so I went to do the first day. I was proud of my ability to inspire and control tough teenagers... but the 8 & 9 year olds had me for breakfast, lunch and dinner. At the end of a humbling day I wearily cleaned up the ruined classroom, mopping up some pools of poster paint at the back. It only slowly dawned on my dazed consciousness that we hadn't at any point done Art. Next day I sent my Deputy.

pasbury 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Deadeye:

> If it's a hard floor, get some acetone

You can always sniff it later.

pasbury 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

> Methylated spirit is good for removing emulsion.

You can always drink it later.

marsbar 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Clarke:

Similar but different.  I have many many years experience as a leader of Scouts and Explorers and Ventures before that.  There is no way on this earth you could persuade me to be a Cub or Beaver leader.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...