Back to response

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Darkinbad 08 Sep 2022

Neat feature, handy for busy threads. I've only just noticed it - is it new or am I just slow on the uptake? I like the fact it is pure HTML, but OTOH it would be nice if it actually stepped back in the history, so I don't have to keep mashing the back button to get back to the forum list after having followed a few "In reply to" and "Back to response" links.

In reply to Darkinbad:

> to get back to the forum list

You could just click the 'My Forums' or 'My Topics' buttons at the top of the page?

Can't scroll to top of page? Hit the floating 'up arrow' at the bottom right.

Harry Jarvis 08 Sep 2022
In reply to captain paranoia:

> > to get back to the forum list

> You could just click the 'My Forums' or 'My Topics' buttons at the top of the page?

> Can't scroll to top of page? Hit the floating 'up arrow' at the bottom right.

Or bottom left. It's at the left-hand end of the bottom toolbar on my browser (Firefox). 

john arran 08 Sep 2022
In reply to Darkinbad:

Does it achieve anything the browser's back button can't do equally well?

climbingpixie 08 Sep 2022
In reply to Darkinbad:

I've mentioned it on here a few times but my knitting forum has some great functionality for this sort of thing. A post has a link to what it's responding to and if I click on it it displays that original post within the one I'm reading. That embedded post is also linked back to the one it itself was in response to so you can see the entire train of a conversation without navigating away from the original post.

In addition, once a post has been replied to it displays the number of replies it's had so you can also open those up within the post. It's great for when you're halfway through a long thread and you spot something you want to respond to, means you can immediately see whether a load of other people have already made the same point. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...