Avro - anyone else?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bobling 24 Sep 2021

Anyone else with/was with Avro?  The advice I've heard is photo your meters (easy) and download a statement (so far impossible).  Wonder where we will go and how much we are going to get shafted?

FWIW I've been with them for a good number of years now, switched a good while back and always had good service. 

Derek Furze 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Bobling:

My experience exactly.  Seems impossible to login to my Avto account.  I’ve not been with them long - less than a year.

OP Bobling 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Derek Furze:

I can log in but anything useful is greyed out and any attempt to get statements etc just generates an endlessly spinning wheel.

Derek Furze 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Bobling:

Yes - I should have been clear.  Log in works, but nothing further accessible.  Seems strange as keeping the website working seems trivial really.

jonfun21 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Bobling:

Same here ref loging in, I have taken photos from the day they went bust and assume that when new supplier appointed by Ofgem will need to provide them. 

dread-i 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Derek Furze:

> Yes - I should have been clear.  Log in works, but nothing further accessible.  Seems strange as keeping the website working seems trivial really.

The front end website might work, but the back end will be a different platform. It will be tied into their billing system, which will be frozen until the accounts are transferred across. An option would be to have it read only, so it displays accounts and balances, but doesn't accept payments and readings. If they sacked everyone when they closed the doors, there would be no IT staff to set it up.

On a related note, I was with them for a bit. They hiked their prices and their customer service was poor. The newspapers have some less flattering stories.

https://dailyuknews.com/uk-news/how-avro-energy-was-propped-up-with-advance...

In reply to dread-i:

> but doesn't accept payments and readings

Yet is was widely reported, in general and not necessarily specifically Avro, that direct debits are still being taken after energy companies go bust. Further, the likes of CAB are advising not to cancel D/Ds as the monies will be transferred later to the new provider as a credit. The IT systems of collapsed companies will have to cope with all that somehow or customers where are going to have big problems, so someone will have to staff the IT systems?

Fiona Reid 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Bobling:

Definitely photograph the meters. 

We're still trying to get our energy mess sorted from a company that went bust in January ☹️

Lankyman 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Bobling:

> Anyone else with/was with Avro?

The Manchester was a flying coffin but the Lancaster was astounding. The Vulcan was probably their last decent effort?

Joez 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Bobling:

Try logging in via this address

https://assets.avroenergy.co.uk/Default.aspx

RachaelH 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Joez:

Thank you for posting that link. I too have been trying to access thei website for days

Myfyr Tomos 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

More Ansons in the Carneddau than in any aircraft museum.

Si dH 26 Sep 2021
In reply to Bobling:

Just got an email saying that I'm to be switched from Avro to Octupus. No details yet but Octupus claim that any Avro credit will be automatically transferred and that we'll get a rate lower than any fixed rates that are currently advertised on their website.

Seems like good news. I'd been meaning to switch my electric to them anyway to get Octupus Go when my Avro deal ran out.

Post edited at 18:22
OP Bobling 26 Sep 2021
In reply to Si dH:

Got the same.  Just hoping my £180 credit turns up with them!

Si dH 26 Sep 2021
In reply to Bobling:

I have a similar amount according to the avro website earlier today (via the link above), but I noticed that it hadn't credited a DD payment they took from me on the 22nd September. I'll be on the lookout for whether that makes its way to Octupus too!

Worth others looking out for if you can.

jonfun21 01 Oct 2021
In reply to Si dH:

Does anyone know where you can find the tariff information card for the 'energy cap' have googled but can't find the standing charge/unit rates anywhere

Hat Dude 01 Oct 2021
In reply to Bobling:

Trouble with Avro - tell me about it!

1st Airfix model I ever built was an Avro 504K

following the instructions was a nightmare & there was glue everywhere!

OP Bobling 01 Oct 2021
In reply to Hat Dude:

I have a Lancaster sat under the modelling bench at home to make with my ten year old.  It's 1:72 and flipping huge!  I suspect it will be trouble.  But will we have a warm radiator by our knees and a desk lamp to work with this winter?

George Ormerod 02 Oct 2021
In reply to Hat Dude:

> following the instructions was a nightmare & there was glue everywhere!

That was what you told your mum it was, and you’re sticking to it 😉

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...