Aurora Borealis visible just now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 skog 03 Nov 2021

...from Stirling, anyway.

Low, and it's part cloudy, but the sheets/waves were just becoming visible a few minutes ago.

OP skog 03 Nov 2021

Well, that didn't last very long.

Maybe worth looking again later.

Mike-W-99 03 Nov 2021
In reply to skog:

Was pretty spectacular in Dingwall. Lasted until the clouds rolled in.

Mike Peacock 04 Nov 2021
In reply to skog:

Aurora forecast is good for tonight too. Very exciting, especially after the big disappointment that was last weekend's coronal mass ejection. Sadly it's thick cloud where I am in Sweden, otherwise last night would have been the best show here in years.

Graeme G 04 Nov 2021
In reply to Mike Peacock:

Thanks for the tip. Where do you get your info for the forecast? AuroraWatch only alerts me as it’s happening. Been waiting years to view it and get some decent photos. Now seen it twice in as many days 😀

Mike-W-99 04 Nov 2021
In reply to Graeme G:

https://aurora-alerts.uk/

And also a myriad of Facebook groups.

Graeme G 04 Nov 2021
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Ta. Someone mentioned the Glendale App to me last night. 

Mike Peacock 04 Nov 2021
In reply to Graeme G:

I would say Space Weather is the best. You get more out of it if you learn a little bit about the different indicators of geomagnetic activity though (e.g. you need a high KP, but if you aren't very far north it also helps if BZ is very negative).

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/

It's hit KP7 today. This is the best storm in years it seems. And it's still cloudy here...

Graeme G 04 Nov 2021
In reply to Mike Peacock:

Thanks. I’ve been watching AuroraWatch all day with anticipation. But looks like it’s pretty quiet now. Got the Glendale App now as well. I live pretty far north and can see them for my bedroom window. Helps with deciding whether it’s worth venturing out.

In reply to Mike-W-99:

No joy in Strathpeffer last night, I was either too late or too early and just got clouds

Mike-W-99 04 Nov 2021
 Bottom Clinger 04 Nov 2021
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Wow, wow and triple wow!!!!!

Mike-W-99 04 Nov 2021
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Thankyou, obviously its a bit of a simple camera trick and although impressive last night in reality its a lot more subdued.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...