Appeal for help finding finding missing person

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 grodin 03 Dec 2019

Hi all,

Martin Cooper, who is well known in the NMC and the FRCC has been missing from his home in Whitley Bay since 9am on Monday and is suspected to be somewhere in the Highlands. 

He drove off in one of the family cars, a red Citroen C1, registration NA58 DUH, and is known to have filled up the car at 1pm on Monday at a service station just off the Edinburgh bypass. He left his phone behind.

He has been struggling with mental health issues and not acting rationally.

He has always loved Scottish mountains which is why we think he likely continued on North from Edinburgh. The car hasn't been spotted by cameras on the A9 though.

Since he is an FRCC member, we thought he could have been at one of their huts in Scotland: Karn House in Aviemore or Waters' Cottage in Kinlochleven, or in those areas. The huts have been checked and he hasn't been found there but could still be in those areas or could still go to the huts.

He has a strong affinity for Assynt so could be somewhere there also.

It is entirely possible he turned around and is somewhere in Northumberland.

He set off in normal everyday clothes, without even a jacket, but due to not having been very rational potentially could have left the car to set off up a hill, in which case he would probably be in some difficulties, not having appropriate clothing, footwear or equipment.

Anyone with any information of any kind is please requested to contact the police (Northumbria Police are in charge of the search) as soon as possible. Please share this information with anyone else you think who could help.

We (his family) are very worried for his well-being.

OP grodin 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

Would it be appropriate to cross-post this in some of the other forums for more visibility?

Sir Chasm 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

Can't offer any information, but have a bump to keep it at the top.

OP grodin 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

Have to go out soon, so bumping for visibility

In reply to grodin

Please put on the MBA  website 

I don’t have  Family  permission, and would not be able to post sorry 

I’m sure somebody could help ?

MBA maintenance organises may know which Bothys are due to be visited 

Post edited at 11:59
 Lemony 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

Another bump from me. Martin is a very decent man and I know that I and the rest of the NMC are sharing as widely as possible and send all our thoughts and best wishes.

OP grodin 03 Dec 2019
In reply to Name Changed 34:

Thanks a lot for that suggestion, I hadn't thought of the MBA.

As far as family permission goes, I'm his son and am very happy for anyone to share this with whoever they think might help.

OP grodin 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

Bump again. Here's a Facebook link if anyone wants to share that way:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10162607006995075&id=7247...

OP grodin 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

We've just had a confirmed sighting of the car going through Glencoe at 6:27pm last night so Kinlochleven is a reasonable bet if anyone lives near that way and has a few minutes to check Waters Cottage. 

It's on Garbhein Road, grid ref: NN183617

krikoman 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

Shared with our climb club members, some of whom are in Scotland at present.

odox 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

I believe he was seen in Fort William this afternoon, if anyone is in the area please keep a look out for Martin and a red Citroen. Contact the police if you seen anything. We're all thinking of Martin and family at the moment and wishing him home safe.

full stottie 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

I really hope that we get good news soon.

Dave

OP grodin 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

He's been found safely in Fort Bill, thank goodness. Thanks everyone for all help.

marsbar 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

Pleased to hear he has been found. 

Fellwanderer 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

I have updated the FRCC website with the news of his safe recovery.

In reply to grodin:

> He's been found safely in Fort Bill, thank goodness. Thanks everyone for all help.

Good  We  all need a good new story  now and again 

Here’s hoping with your support he can work through his  troubles and make a full recovery

Deadeye 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

> As far as family permission goes, I'm his son and am very happy for anyone to share this with whoever they think might help.

So, so, SO happy this has ended well.

abr1966 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

Well done mate....fingers crossed for a good recovery and a moment where he's proud of his son for helping find him at his time of need..

pasbury 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

That is a great conclusion. Thank goodness he’s OK.

Post edited at 23:19
Clauso 03 Dec 2019
In reply to grodin:

Great news...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...