Anyone used Eurostar recently ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Doug 21 Jun 2022

I'm booked onto Eurostar from Paris to London next week (& back the week after) but I've not travelled on it since 2018. Are there extra controls now due to Brexit - maybe customs, Covid checks ? In the past arriving at the Gare de Nord 30-40 minutes before departure left plenty of time to check in, is that still true ?

jkarran 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Doug:

I went London-Paris a few weeks back. I had to prove my vaccination status with an NHS printout but in all other regards it was smooth, very pleasant and 'normal'. A marked contrast to the swamped airport and cancelled flight I was escaping!

I don't think you even need a vaccine pass going the other way.

No idea if the UK rail strikes will disrupt Eurostar and we have another covid wave coming, whatever that means for operational capacity and delays... Play it by ear closer to the date I guess.

jk

RX-78 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Doug:

My son travelled back to london in late april 2022 via Eurostar, queues were terrible then, which was similar to our experience in December  2021. I think due to border checks, although i believe you also still needed to show vaccination status then, and many people were not ready with the right documents.

Post edited at 10:25
 duncan 25 Jun 2022
In reply to Doug:

A month ago on a trip to Céüse, still mostly a very civilised way to travel.

However, checking-in was much slower than last time I used it (6 years ago) due to a combination of vaccine status and passport checks compounded by inadequate staffing at the London end. I turned up at the recommended 90 minutes ahead of departure and was glad I did. Getting there 30-40 minutes beforehand, as I have done in the past, might have meant I'd have missed the train or, at best, had a very stressful time relying on Eurostar to whisk me past the queues.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...