/ Anyone going to the march on the 19th ?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Eric9Points 20:31 Wed
balmybaldwin 20:35 Wed
In reply to Eric9Points:

I'm hoping to. Will be my first protest.

arch 20:55 Wed
In reply to Eric9Points:

Nah, there's Rugby on telly........

MonkeyPuzzle 21:02 Wed
In reply to Eric9Points:

Yarp.

Andy Hardy 21:47 Wed
In reply to Eric9Points:

Yes. Never been on a demo of any sort ever in my 54 years, but I can't sit this one out.

In reply to Eric9Points:

Due to be working that day at the moment, hoping to get it off to attend. Like some previous posters never been on a demo/march/protest before but feel its more important then ever now.

In reply to Eric9Points:

Yes.

I've been to almost all the anti-Brexit marches. I am encouraged that there are many people who haven't been before want to go to this one. Could be a record-breaking turnout.

Trevers 10:35 Fri
In reply to Eric9Points:

Yep, I'll be there. I'll be the one waving a big EU flag around.

I've been on all the big marches so far. The atmosphere has been fantastic, very friendly. And so far the weather has been excellent for each one, so fingers crossed!

Rog Wilko 11:22 Fri
In reply to Eric9Points:

Yes, 4 of us going down for the day. Second time this year - went in March. That was our first since an anti-apartheid protest when students.

Eric9Points 13:32 Fri
In reply to Eric9Points:

I'm more or less decided I'll go down. The idea of a million or so people marching through London while Parliament debates has a certain drama to it and when I look back in ten years time on Brexit I don't want to have a nagging doubt that maybe I could have done more.

krikoman 15:27 Fri
In reply to Eric9Points:

> I'm more or less decided I'll go down. The idea of a million or so people marching through London while Parliament debates has a certain drama to it and when I look back in ten years time on Brexit I don't want to have a nagging doubt that maybe I could have done more.

Exactly, I've been on numerous marches and achieved,  FA.

Some of the Pro-Palestinan marches don't even  get on the news or in the papers, even when there are 200,000+ people there.

But it's something tangible and in the case of Palestinian solidarity, if one Palestinian realises they aren't alone in the world, then hopefully that helps. Not sure how that relates to a Brexit march but I'll be there if I can, I been to all the others, it would be daft not to really.

In reply to Eric9Points:

Utterly mindboggling news from Labour ...

https://twitter.com/VeroVero777/status/1182716763076726784?s=20

Post edited at 22:29
Alkis 22:33 Fri
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Is it? I didn't realise that Corbyn's views on brexit were a mystery to anyone paying any attention.

Post edited at 22:33
Eric9Points 22:46 Fri

> Utterly mindboggling news from Labour ...

I don't see how he couldn't attend Parliament on that day. Probably something he had arranged previously.

In reply to Alkis:

It's nothing to do with his views being a mystery, it's to do with him absenting himself and causing a distraction on one of the most important days there's been political history in my lifetime.

PS. As I've said before, he might just as well be Boris's deputy PM, he's helping him so much.

Post edited at 23:15
Alkis 23:25 Fri

Yeah, my point exactly, maybe I was being a little too subtle.

Martin Hore 23:32 Fri
In reply to Eric9Points:

I'll be there. 

Martin

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.