Anyone going to the march on the 19th ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 09 Oct 2019

The People's vote march: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/peoples-vote-march-london-19-october-coaches...

Given Parliament is sitting that day to debate Brexit it seems doubly relevant to be there.

balmybaldwin 09 Oct 2019
In reply to Removed User:

I'm hoping to. Will be my first protest.

arch 09 Oct 2019

Nah, there's Rugby on telly........

MonkeyPuzzle 09 Oct 2019

Yarp.

Andy Hardy 09 Oct 2019

Yes. Never been on a demo of any sort ever in my 54 years, but I can't sit this one out.

Due to be working that day at the moment, hoping to get it off to attend. Like some previous posters never been on a demo/march/protest before but feel its more important then ever now.

Yes.

I've been to almost all the anti-Brexit marches. I am encouraged that there are many people who haven't been before want to go to this one. Could be a record-breaking turnout.

Trevers 11 Oct 2019

Yep, I'll be there. I'll be the one waving a big EU flag around.

I've been on all the big marches so far. The atmosphere has been fantastic, very friendly. And so far the weather has been excellent for each one, so fingers crossed!

Rog Wilko 11 Oct 2019

Yes, 4 of us going down for the day. Second time this year - went in March. That was our first since an anti-apartheid protest when students.

Removed User 11 Oct 2019

I'm more or less decided I'll go down. The idea of a million or so people marching through London while Parliament debates has a certain drama to it and when I look back in ten years time on Brexit I don't want to have a nagging doubt that maybe I could have done more.

krikoman 11 Oct 2019

> I'm more or less decided I'll go down. The idea of a million or so people marching through London while Parliament debates has a certain drama to it and when I look back in ten years time on Brexit I don't want to have a nagging doubt that maybe I could have done more.

Exactly, I've been on numerous marches and achieved,  FA.

Some of the Pro-Palestinan marches don't even  get on the news or in the papers, even when there are 200,000+ people there.

But it's something tangible and in the case of Palestinian solidarity, if one Palestinian realises they aren't alone in the world, then hopefully that helps. Not sure how that relates to a Brexit march but I'll be there if I can, I been to all the others, it would be daft not to really.

Utterly mindboggling news from Labour ...

https://twitter.com/VeroVero777/status/1182716763076726784?s=20

Post edited at 22:29
 Alkis 11 Oct 2019
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Is it? I didn't realise that Corbyn's views on brexit were a mystery to anyone paying any attention.

Post edited at 22:33
Removed User 11 Oct 2019

> Utterly mindboggling news from Labour ...

I don't see how he couldn't attend Parliament on that day. Probably something he had arranged previously.

In reply to Alkis:

It's nothing to do with his views being a mystery, it's to do with him absenting himself and causing a distraction on one of the most important days there's been political history in my lifetime.

PS. As I've said before, he might just as well be Boris's deputy PM, he's helping him so much.

Post edited at 23:15
 Alkis 11 Oct 2019

Yeah, my point exactly, maybe I was being a little too subtle.

Martin Hore 11 Oct 2019

I'll be there. 

Martin

James Malloch 17 Oct 2019

I’ll be getting into Kings Cross about 9am on the day (train from leeds) and plan to walk over the park lane around then. Looking forward to it!

Iamgregp 17 Oct 2019

I'll be there in spirit, but physically I'll be watching Chelsea v Newcastle at Stamford Bridge.  

Hope that the event goes well, and we beat Chelsea.

Removed User 17 Oct 2019
In reply to James Malloch:

I think my train gets in about 10.30 or so.

> I’ll be getting into Kings Cross about 9am on the day (train from leeds) and plan to walk over the park lane around then. Looking forward to it!

Now that a deal has been agreed with the EU while the DUP have said they'll vote against it it's really important to make sure as many as possible are demonstrating in London while the voting takes place in Parliament.

jkarran 17 Oct 2019

I'm double booked but I would be there if I could. Enjoy and make yourselves heard!

jk

birdie num num 17 Oct 2019

> I don't see how he couldn't attend Parliament on that day. Probably something he had arranged previously.

Louise Ellman will be waiting by the Liver Buildings with a milkshake

gribble 17 Oct 2019

Would love to go, despite it being in that there London (which I really can't manage). However, I'll be flying back from Thailand on Saturday, so thank you all who are putting their voice behind this most important issue for the rest of us who can't make it for whatever reason. 

Will have my 8-year old, not sure how child-friendly these things are...

deepsoup 17 Oct 2019

Alas no.  I have somewhere I *really* need to be in the early evening and don't feel I can risk not getting back in time.  Feels like I'm letting the side down a bit, but it can't really be helped. 

I'll be with you in spirit & wish the best of luck to all who are planning to be there

spenser 17 Oct 2019
In reply to featuresforfeet:

The one last October was very friendly, the extent of the counter protest seemed to be 12 men and a dog. I'd just make sure that your 8 year old has something which he can poke above people's heads if he gets separated from you (more likely due to curiosity and wandering off than anything else, there was no rowdiness at the last one and no bad language).

Sadly I'm going to be at the other end of the country tomorrow night and can't really justify doing Derby - Newcastle - London - Derby in a 2 day period!

Trevers 17 Oct 2019

The protest in March was attended by over a million people, and there wasn't a single arrest. I don't think you could find a friendlier and safer protest to join.

Dax H 17 Oct 2019

I wonder if extinction rebellion will park their protests for the day whilst thousands of people travel all over the country to protest. 

ian caton 17 Oct 2019

Yup

Removed User 17 Oct 2019
In reply to Dax H:

> I wonder if extinction rebellion will park their protests for the day whilst thousands of people travel all over the country to protest. 

Yes.

Deadeye 17 Oct 2019

Yes.  I'll be there.  Again.

SuperstarDJ 18 Oct 2019

I'll be there. Too important not to be.

David

Pete Pozman 18 Oct 2019

> Will have my 8-year old, not sure how child-friendly these things are...

He might get very bored and tired as most of the time he'll be hardly moving. I'd consider factoring in some other activity and join the march for part of the time. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...