Any electricians about?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Deadeye 11 Feb 2019

The garage has slowly morphed into a workshop.  I'm ashamed to say that the elctrics have "evolved" with it - but I can no longer ignore the rats nest of under-rated cables across raw concrete floor, the maze of extension blocks in the rafters, or the general insta-fail nature of the installation.

I'm going to put in a floor of 2 x 9mm ply on a grid of battens.  One benefit should be that cabling can now go under the floor... and I'd like a professional to do the work, including uprating the supply to a 32A board from the house supply.  the work wil need doing in two parts as I have to shunt everything to one end of the garage and then back (otherwise it sits on the drive getting wet).

My question is, how to specify something that I'm not expert in?  Do I ask a professional to do the design/spec and then ask others to quote against it?  Or do I just ask them to quote for "design and install"?  If the former, anyone fancy the (fully paid) work?

DancingOnRock 11 Feb 2019
In reply to Deadeye:

Just work out where you want the sockets, lights and DB and get some electricians to quote for it. They should size the cables and work out cable routes for you.

Lusk 11 Feb 2019
In reply to Deadeye:

It's quite a simple job, but I can't be bothered to spell out the step by step instructions

It is a notifiable job, so if you're concerned about such things, you'll have to get CPS registered electrician on the job for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...