An altogether physiologically better UK and Eire.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 05 Apr 2020

….

Discuss

(I have seen far more people out running and biking recently when I've been out doing the same: As opposed to when I've been out at a similar time of year in the past. Plus I think that, even though I still I am occupied by work by more than I would like, I am going out more often. This is probably due to staying put at home and not having as much study to do, nor the ability to go to concerts and galleries in London.)

Jon Stewart 05 Apr 2020
In reply to veteye:

I expect in a few weeks time the rates of suicide and domestic violence will say otherwise.

Edit: i misread that as "psychologically" - but I don't think stopping people going to the gym or playing sports is going to help them physiologically either. For silver linings I'm afraid you're clutching at straws, people in general are going to be much worse off in every way due to cv. The exceptions might be people very sensitive to pollution and other outliers. 

Post edited at 10:23
OP veteye 05 Apr 2020
In reply to Jon Stewart:

I am on the edge of market town, so I don't see what things are like in urban areas, but I presume that the people who go to the gym normally may well go out for a run instead, especially with the weather holding good so far. (Wait until the persistent rain returns. Then We'll all be miserable, or pissed off at having to force ourselves out in the wet (yet I do that in normal times anyway))

I certainly see more people out exercising than normal. Yet I can see that this may only be, say, 20% of the population, who are out there. 

It must be hard being in a one-bedroomed flat in a high rise in Manchester or Birmingham, being stuck in all the time, apart from shopping. Hence the sense in forcing yourself to go and do some exercise, but also the reason that you may well be right about psychological fall out from this, including suicide.

I'm not bothered about dislikes, but am curious as to why my original message got one.

marsbar 05 Apr 2020
In reply to Jon Stewart:

The DV has already started.  I've seen 3 news reports of deaths where "no one else is involved"

marsbar 05 Apr 2020
In reply to veteye:

I would usually be swimming instead of walking.  

I know a couple of people who are running instead of going to the gym.  

I'm not sure it's hard to tell how many are displaced and how many are new exercisers.  

gezebo 05 Apr 2020
In reply to marsbar:

Indeed. The warmer weather will further encourage this as the beers start to flow. 

I also heard (from a gp) that parents are now  not taking children to a&e when they really should from fear of CV. Our local hospital was running at 33% capacity for various reasons with cancer ops etc cancelled. It usually runs at around 97%. 

OP veteye 05 Apr 2020
In reply to gezebo:

It leaves more space for the Covid sufferers. Yet hopefully at some point they will be levelling off.

Btw, I think that I am currently improving in my fitness, and hope that all of you are too.

Removed User 06 Apr 2020
In reply to veteye:

Maybe.

I'm going to go out tonight and applaud my liver.

It deserves it considering the abuse it's been getting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...