All the Aires France book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 01 Jun 2022

Many owners of vans will be familiar with this book published by Vicarious Books which catalogues almost 4000 motorhome stopovers in France, many of which are free. I have just ordered the 2022 edition and so have a redundant copy of the 2017 edition. If anyone wants it they can have it. Postage will be £3.20.

OP Rog Wilko 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I’d love to know why this post has gathered 2 dislikes. 

Godwin 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Hi Rog, could Adam please have it. 

JoshOvki 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

People get upset by the words Van and Free, just be glad you didn't include "Dog" or your post might have had to get pulled

(Maybe also because it isn't in For Sale / Wanted forum)

Post edited at 18:13
OP Rog Wilko 01 Jun 2022
In reply to JoshOvki:

Thanks for your post. There are now nine. I still don’t really understand it, though. Even got 5 for daring to seek an explanation.

Yanis Nayu 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> I’d love to know why this post has gathered 2 dislikes. 

Bizarre!

mike123 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko: 10 now . Wtf ? ( I’ve given all your post likes - please can somebody explain what swrong with giving something away ?)

Post edited at 22:34
 Pedro50 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> Thanks for your post. There are now nine. I still don’t really understand it, though. Even got 5 for daring to seek an explanation.

Whingeing about dislikes is always counterproductive, it just seems overly needy. I have said the same to Gordon in the past. 

felt 02 Jun 2022
In reply to JoshOvki:

> People get upset by the words Van and Free

"Motorhome stopover" is probably more triggering. (Dislikes not mine!)

OP Rog Wilko 02 Jun 2022
In reply to Pedro50:

> Whingeing about dislikes is always counterproductive, it just seems overly needy.  

It never occurred to me that there would be either likes or dislikes, and I certainly didn’t “need” them.

Darron 02 Jun 2022
In reply to felt:

Of course the people disliking will have not the slightest idea what a French Motorhome  Aire actually is.

OP Rog Wilko 03 Jun 2022
In reply to Darron:

> Of course the people disliking will have not the slightest idea what a French Motorhome  Aire actually is.

Perhaps you’ve hit on it there. Perhaps people are imagining this is a list of places where people might hole up overnight totally unofficially. Aires are areas set aside for vans - not for tents - with minimal facilities. They are usually the result of local civic enterprise.

Run_Ross_Run 03 Jun 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Yep. Spent a year traveling Europe a while back and 90% of our overnight stopovers were in Aires. Different culture to vans in Europe tho. 

The British are slowly moving towards opening Aires style over here too. They've sort of been in operation a while with the caravan club (I think) C I spots. 👍 

Darron 03 Jun 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

And my 2015 edition of ‘All the Aires’ has upwards of 3500 Aires. Pretty successful I would suggest. The number of times we have stayed in small, beautiful French villages that you would not normally visit has added greatly to our trips. Obviously tourist money spent is welcome in villages that are not your usual tourist destinations.

OP Rog Wilko 06 Jun 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Books now re-homed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...