After division some unity.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

http://news.sky.com/story/maldives-rejoins-the-commonwealth-an-hour-after-b...

Not knowing much about the system this at face value seems some welcome news for a common unity between nation's.  Hopefully anyway. 

You have to welcome anything that helps that I think. 

TWS

DaveHK 01 Feb 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Probably motivated by making it more likely they'll get re-homed here in the not too distant future when their whole country disappears beneath the waves.

Edit: I liked your post for its optimism. 

Post edited at 20:07
 henwardian 01 Feb 2020
In reply to DaveHK:

Man, I love UKC. I'm pretty sure that if I posted a photo of a cute kitten with the thread title "look at this cute kitten", the first response would be someone telling me how the kitten will eat my corpse when I die of a heart attack. And perhaps it has flees that are carrying the coronavirus while we are at it.

The relentless negativity is such a joy to behold

Moley 01 Feb 2020
In reply to henwardian:

> The relentless negativity is such a joy to behold

All very UKC and British, this week dominated by "Gordon has meltdown over tea towel".

DaveHK 01 Feb 2020
In reply to henwardian:

Oh come on, it's entirely obvious that the Maldives rejoining the commonwealth isn't an unqualified positive story and I acknowledged the spirit in which the op intended it.

In reply to Moley:

> All very UKC and British, this week dominated by "Gordon has meltdown over tea towel".

I'm yet to see that particular episode of Faulty Towers

aln 01 Feb 2020
In reply to henwardian:

If we're celebrating UKc traditions I'd like to point out that you spelled fleas incorrectly. 😁

henwardian 01 Feb 2020
In reply to aln:

Are you sure you want to open that particular Pandora's box? If you are, perhaps you should have remembered the missing comma in your post :P

gravy 01 Feb 2020
In reply to aln:

Either that or the grammar needs correcting, "perhaps it flees carrying coronavirus".

Oceanrower 01 Feb 2020
In reply to henwardian:

And where's the full stop at the end of yours?

henwardian 01 Feb 2020
In reply to gravy:

That did cross my mind when I looked back to reread. So if anyone is still looking for a happy thought: Imagine a crack hazmat-clad quarantine team vaulting fences and charging through peoples back gardens in pursuit of a slightly flea-bitten moggy!

In reply to Oceanrower:

> And where's the full stop at the end of yours?

While I do put some effort into writing in proper English (unless the tone of the post calls for something entirely different), it's been a long time (I think) since I turned grammar Nazi. I don't actually mind if I make the odd mistake

Oceanrower 01 Feb 2020
In reply to henwardian:

Live by the sword, die by the sword...

😉

Timmd 01 Feb 2020
In reply to DaveHK:

> Probably motivated by making it more likely they'll get re-homed here in the not too distant future when their whole country disappears beneath the waves.

> Edit: I liked your post for its optimism. 

Given how we more or less started the industrial revolution, it's probably fair enough for them to come here.

Edit: Because this is UKC, I don't mean that people from any country would be fair enough to come here, it is a comment on certain countries having caused the problem for those most affected.

Post edited at 23:17
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

I do apologise for trying to be a little hopeful in this day and age by just referencing a new story on the Commonwealth.

It should teach me a lesson.  

. I'll try harder next time 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...