Advice re old magazines please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IggyLiz 24 Nov 2019

I’m after some advice please. I posted in the for sale section that I have a load of climbing magazines dating back to 1980 that I’m giving away. No response so far.

Are they really only fit for the recycling bin? They are in good condition and it just feels wrong to bin them.

Route Adjuster 24 Nov 2019
In reply to IggyLiz:

Local library?

In reply to IggyLiz:

I’d be really keen for these, not only for personal reading but also so I can use them to begin a ‘climbers’ library’ for my school climbing club. The only issue is the commute: I live in Cheltenham and Sheffield is a bit of a trek! Can you hold onto them until my Christmas holiday starts, so I could collect on Sunday 15th December? 

Siward 24 Nov 2019
In reply to Wyre Forest Illuminati:

I think what ukc needs is all of the old climbing mags scanned and uploaded for posterity. So if you've a scanner and a week or so spare please get onto it

In reply to Siward:

More than happy to oblige if I get some sort of postgraduate research grant to support me..!

jimtitt 24 Nov 2019
In reply to Siward:

And the copyright.

OP IggyLiz 24 Nov 2019
In reply to Wyre Forest Illuminati:

Hi Tom, I’m very happy to wait especially if they’re going to hopefully inspire some young climbers. Sunday 15th December suits me, pm me and I’ll give you the address.

Cheers,

Liz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...