A song for today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 03 May 2021

youtube.com/watch?v=AFIBVNhjs7E&

I wished I'd had my wellies on for my ride home today! Finished a 23 hour shift, discovered I had a puncture to fix before I could head home (thankfully there is a covered porch I could do it in!), and arrived home with very cold wet feet! 

Good old Scottish summer! Lol

Timmd 03 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

I took to riding around in waterproof socks and with waterproof trousers in my rucksack, one summer in South Yorkshire. It keeps it lush and green I suppose.

Post edited at 15:22
OP girlymonkey 03 May 2021
In reply to Timmd:

Thankfully, I had the waterproof trousers, they live in my frame bag along with tools and spare tube. Yes, maybe spare waterproof or neoprene socks could be worth adding to my "summer" kit! Lol

Yes, I'm sure the veg beds will appreciate it!

Blue Straggler 03 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

A song for today

youtube.com/watch?v=adD0xbZZni4&

Timmd 03 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

I think it was a mid noughties summer, when they were quite wet and cool. At least last summer wasn't so bad.

Post edited at 16:04
 Lankyman 03 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

Is it because you lied when you were 17?

youtube.com/watch?v=PXatLOWjr-k&

In reply to girlymonkey:

Ive just lit a fire for goodness sake. 

10 days or so we should be warmer and silver linings, at least I dont have to water the garden again and the butts will be refilled.

Timmd 03 May 2021
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Finding something else to do/think about can help, when 'it ought to be warm and sunny'. 

A little bit like going to bed and hoping for better tomorrow, I find a distraction and wait for things to change, I think I find it cosy.

Post edited at 18:03
In reply to Timmd:

> Finding something else to do/think about can help, when 'it ought to be warm and sunny'. 

> A little bit like going to bed and hoping for better tomorrow, I find a distraction and wait for things to change, I think I find it cosy.

This is true.

Looking after my indoor selection of chili plants has helped. They are like children and because I didnt label any, it's fun to try and work out what the now emerging fruits are. I have about 15 varieties and not a scooby which one is which.

OP girlymonkey 03 May 2021
In reply to Timmd:

I actually prefer cooler weather, so mostly the lack of summer so far has suited me fairly well. Today just felt a step too far towards winter though!

The dog has just had to be carried outside and plonked on the grass to make him pee. He has refused to cross the threshold since I got home, taking it to about 12 hours since he last peed!! It's properly foul out there!

flatlandrich 03 May 2021
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> Ive just lit a fire for goodness sake. 

Yup, me too. But what did we expect, it's a bank holiday after all. 

What I found more depressing was noticing it's only seven weeks till the nights start pulling in again!! 😬

Timmd 03 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

> The dog has just had to be carried outside and plonked on the grass to make him pee. He has refused to cross the threshold since I got home, taking it to about 12 hours since he last peed!! It's properly foul out there!

There's no hiding where animals are at, what they're thinking. It's an understandable response.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...