A question about new COVID rules in Scotland.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graeme G 09 Aug 2021

If someone travels from the USA they no longer have to self isolate as it’s an amber list country. Although they do need to take a PCR test on arrival in Scotland.

So does that mean they can circulate amongst the general population until the result comes in? And if it comes in positive, only then do they need to arrange isolation? And then their close contacts need to take a PCR test. And isolate if that comes back positive?

Trying to assist relatives.

TIA

jonny taylor 09 Aug 2021
In reply to Graeme G:

I don't have a definitive source, only what I've heard from people. But my understanding is you need to *arrive* in the UK with evidence of a negative covid test. And apparently that is problematic because it has to be within 24h and there are few US providers that can deliver a 24h turnaround for the test...

Post edited at 12:00
Roadrunner6 09 Aug 2021
In reply to jonny taylor:

Really? Common as anything here. We've had them all the time.

OP Graeme G 09 Aug 2021

That’s good to know, thanks. I’ll add that into the mix of what my relatives need to consider.

jonny taylor 09 Aug 2021
In reply to Roadrunner6:

Fair enough. That issue with the 24h window was a friend's explanation as to why his son hadn't manage to work out a plan to visit him from the US. But maybe there are more family politics behind it

Roadrunner6 09 Aug 2021

Plenty of friends have visited friends and family in the UK and mainland Europe this summer. I'd have done it but for my unvaccinated kids. However it's still hard for Brits to come this way.

alan moore 09 Aug 2021
In reply to Graeme G:

I flew in from US on Friday. I rang Scottish Immigration directly to get the latest info as changes seem to be happening fast.

Vaccinated adults dont need to isolate was the latest, although it made.sense to me to stay home until I received my test results...

OP Graeme G 09 Aug 2021
In reply to alan moore:

Thanks. Think the plan is to catch up after their PCR result comes back. Unless it’s positive, of course!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...