A good start

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 24 Aug 2019

to my day.

At Travelodge Lancaster M6 (not that bit)

Hunting about outside the petrol station shop to tie up Kelp so I can go in and get a coffee.

A woman parked in the forecourt rolls her window down and offers to mind Kelp while I do. I go over and introduce them, get my coffee and then pick up Kelp who has been staring at the shop door since I disappeared inside.

What a great microkindness.

machine 25 Aug 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

Kelp as in seaweed?

Queenie 25 Aug 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

It's sad, but these days I wouldn't risk leaving a dog tied up outside anywhere. So many are stolen nationwide, it's ridiculous.

arch 25 Aug 2019
In reply to Queenie:

Same here. 

I did leave my two outside the chippy once. I kept an eye on them through the window while I waited. Needn't have bothered, as Tess snapped at the two people who bent down and tried to stroke her......

Nempnett Thrubwell 25 Aug 2019
In reply to arch:

> Same here. 

> I did leave my two outside the chippy once. I kept an eye on them through the window while I waited. Needn't have bothered, as Tess snapped at the two people who bent down and tried to stroke her......

I've had a similar experience with my daughter...

Martin W 25 Aug 2019
In reply to arch:

This reminds me that there was a bonnie wee brown dog tied up to the trolley shelter in the car park at my local Sainsburys when I went in there yesterday afternoon.  I did think it wasn't a particularly pleasant place for the pooch to have to wait but assumed that the owner didn't intend to be long.  I did a fairly large shop which must have taken at least 45 minutes, possibly nearer an hour, and when I finally headed back to the car the dog was still there.

Thinking back on it now I should probably have popped back in to the store and had a word with customer services.  Unfortunately, having survived the checkout process and with my head in "let's get out of here" mode, it never occurred to me at the time.

The dog didn't seem to be in distress but all the same I don't think leaving one tied up like that for such a length of time, in a subterranean car park, is a great idea.

arch 25 Aug 2019
In reply to Nempnett Thrubwell:

> I've had a similar experience with my daughter...

You tie your Daughter up outside the Chippy ??

marsbar 25 Aug 2019
In reply to Martin W:

I suppose at least it’s not in sunlight.

Dax H 25 Aug 2019
In reply to Queenie:

> It's sad, but these days I wouldn't risk leaving a dog tied up outside anywhere. So many are stolen nationwide, it's ridiculous.

That's our policy. Most definatly won't tie the dog up anywhere. Most of the time we travel together so that one of us can stay with the dog whilst the other gets drinks or has a pee and if alone the Mrs has an app that lists dog friendly places around the motorway network. 

OP Flinticus 25 Aug 2019
In reply to Dax H:

What's the app?

Dax H 25 Aug 2019
In reply to Flinticus:

Sorry my bad, just spoke to the Mrs. Its not an app, its a website called driving with dogs. It's mainly for places to stop to walk but it tells you if there are toilets, food etc. When we went on holiday to North Wales she put the start as Leeds and the finish as the village we were going to it it brought up 60 odd stopping points along the way. 

She swears by it. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...