3 Peaks Challenge run

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 annieman 08 Aug 2020

This looks to be interesting challenge. Aiming to complete under 9 Days. And another dot to watch. 

https://www.alexstaniforth.com/3peaksrun

In reply to annieman:

A good challenge but NOT the highest 3 peaks in the UK! 

Andy Hardy 08 Aug 2020
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

Pedantry 1, Alexstaniforth 0

In reply to Andy Hardy:

Accuracy not pedantry.

In reply to Andy Hardy:

And to give Alec his due, his challenge is much bigger than running Nevis ,Macduibh and Braeriach which are much closer together

wert 08 Aug 2020
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

Alex not Alec.

Accuracy not pedantry. 

In reply to wert:

Oops!

Bacon Butty 08 Aug 2020

In reply to annieman:

From his web site ... 'why?'

Second hand paragraph down. This never ending pressure to get people to get out into the great outdoors, then consider the vitriol about the great unwashed populating Snowdonia and Dorset?

Give me a break. We need fewer people out and about.

profitofdoom 09 Aug 2020

In reply:

Good for Alex. Literally. He asks for money for charity. But for the vast costs of his 2 commercial attempts on Everest and his attempts on Cho Oyu and Baruntse, fees, equipment, travel, did he use his own earned money, or did he take the money out of those charity donations? I wonder 

deacondeacon 09 Aug 2020
In reply to Bacon Butty:

> ...

> In reply to annieman:

> From his web site ... 'why?'

> Give me a break. We need fewer people out and about.

Why? So that we can selfishly keep it to ourselves? 

gazhbo 09 Aug 2020
In reply to profitofdoom:

> In reply:

> Good for Alex. Literally. He asks for money for charity. But for the vast costs of his 2 commercial attempts on Everest and his attempts on Cho Oyu and Baruntse, fees, equipment, travel, did he use his own earned money, or did he take the money out of those charity donations? I wonder 

Why don’t you ask him, instead of wondering.  Then, if he answers, your snipes can be a little bit more informed.  He seems to have a pretty heavy personal investment in the charity he’s establishing and it’s exactly the sort of thing people on this website usually go nuts for.

steveriley 09 Aug 2020
In reply to annieman:

Alex is a good guy, if it’s not for you I’d simply move on. Or ask him direct, he’s very easy to find. I wish him well.

Dax H 09 Aug 2020
In reply to profitofdoom:

> In reply:

> Good for Alex. Literally. He asks for money for charity. But for the vast costs of his 2 commercial attempts on Everest and his attempts on Cho Oyu and Baruntse, fees, equipment, travel, did he use his own earned money, or did he take the money out of those charity donations? I wonder 

Normally people would arrange private backing for such a fund raising even like this, maybe gear suppliers chipping in to cover the logistics costs, it can be both a tax write off and very good advertising. Of course they could donate the money directly to the cause but generally more is donated than it costs and they get the advertising. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...