33 year old

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 18 May 2021

Husband got his vaccine letter today! Appointment on Saturday! Whoop whoop! I am surprised we are so far down the age ranges now, but delighted! Feels like real progress 😃

Steve Clegg 18 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

28 year old daughter had hers a fortnight ago. In Wales. It's not a pissing contest!

Steve

OP girlymonkey 18 May 2021
In reply to Steve Clegg:

Indeed it's not a pissing contest, it's a celebration of how well the vaccination programme is progressing! I am delighted to hear that Wales is down to people in their 20s! I was very pleasantly surprised to hear how quickly we have reached this point

spenser 18 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

I'm going in for mine on Thusday (28), Derby is apparently a bit ahead, please stab me!

Removed User 18 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

My wife went for her second jab today in Edinburgh. She was surprised at how quiet the vaccination centre was.

I assumed that they're boosting vaccinations in Glasgow at the expense of the rest of Scotland but perhaps I'm wrong.

I'm getting a bit nervous about Edinburgh as well. Infections are more than double what they were maybe 10 days ago when according to ZOE the city had ~145 cases, it's now about 350.

In reply to Removed User:

We are Stirling, which I don't think is as bad as Edinburgh so hopefully things aren't slowing for you.

Are you aware that ZOE have changed their way of calculating cases so it may look worse due to that? 

> My wife went for her second jab today in Edinburgh. She was surprised at how quiet the vaccination centre was.

It certainly looks like the centres are built out to do more vaccinations than they are doing and there is certainly the IT in place to send out the letters.  It looks to me that the limiting factor is vaccine supply, not the system for getting available vaccine into arms.

elsewhere 18 May 2021
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

UK vaccinations looks pretty static at 500,000 total doses per day. Curiously Moderna did not appreciably increase the rate of vaccination.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations#card-number_of_vaccina...

Si dH 18 May 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

> UK vaccinations looks pretty static at 500,000 total doses per day. Curiously Moderna did not appreciably increase the rate of vaccination.

I looked at the Zoe app team's weekly vaccine report to government the other day. I don't think it's public and I don't have the app on my tablet so can't link it, but it contained charts that showed what vaccine active app users had reported having had and it showed Moderna is still a very small proportion of the vaccines being given at this stage. Far more pfizers and AZs. There are enough users to be confident this will be representative of the population (around 1 million active I think.)

Post edited at 22:44
In reply to Si dH:

> It showed Moderna is still a very small proportion of the vaccines being given at this stage. Far more pfizers and AZs. There are enough users to be confident this will be representative of the population (around 1 million active I think.)

Is it not the case though that a higher percentage of users are vaccinated than the general population? I believe that's why they had to revise their case numbers. Tim's last update mentioned this. So if most are already vaccinated then a smaller proportion of the newest vaccine will appear, presumably?

CurlyStevo 19 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

Not in our area of Edinburgh, I'm 48 last week my partner 2 weeks she's 43

CurlyStevo 19 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

Moderna is tiny amount of vax in Scotland  try looking at the official figures

CurlyStevo 19 May 2021

Ofc its vaccine supply. Any place in the world with willing uptake is able to beat our figures. UK clearly has willing uptake. Distribution and injections are the easy part as demonstrated by flu vax every year

Post edited at 00:10
 Donotello 19 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

My girlfriend (32) had hers in January, the age guidance is just guidance in reality they’re ringing up people of all ages. She asked why she was getting hers and they said they had run out of old people. 

Si dH 19 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

> Is it not the case though that a higher percentage of users are vaccinated than the general population? I believe that's why they had to revise their case numbers. Tim's last update mentioned this. So if most are already vaccinated then a smaller proportion of the newest vaccine will appear, presumably?

Possibly, I don't think there is a demographic breakdown of the active users that I remember seeing. Even if the numbers aren't that accurate, I doubt any non-representativeness of the sample is going to change the numbers by a huge amount. It's not like all the app users are going to be 80+

OP girlymonkey 19 May 2021
In reply to Si dH:

It is quite a significant difference. I presume a lot of health care workers are on the app. They are adjusting figures on cases to try and account for this, I don't know if they are doing the same for vaccine types or not.

The percentage of adults in the UK who have received at least one dose of a COVID vaccination, as of 11th May 2021, is 67.3%. While this is a brilliant achievement, the number of contributors to the ZOE Symptom Study who have reported at least one vaccination as of 8th May 2021 is even higher at 89%.

Removed User 19 May 2021
In reply to Donotello:

> My girlfriend (32) had hers in January, the age guidance is just guidance in reality they’re ringing up people of all ages. She asked why she was getting hers and they said they had run out of old people. 

In Scotland the system works differently.

Removed User 19 May 2021

> It certainly looks like the centres are built out to do more vaccinations than they are doing and there is certainly the IT in place to send out the letters.  It looks to me that the limiting factor is vaccine supply, not the system for getting available vaccine into arms.

Vaccine supply has been remarkably consistent for some months. My wife was comparing the busyness of the vaccination centre this time to the busyness when she got her first jab. As it was noticeably quieter this time she concluded that fewer people were getting vaccinated. If that is the case then it might be that vaccinations are being targeted at Glasgow.

James Malloch 19 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

Skipton sent it out to all over 30's yesterday and I got put on the waiting list by my partner whilst there. I'm 29 and I got a call at the end of the day saying they had spares which might get binned and did I want one. Really happy to get the first one done!

Really good to see them being proactive to not waste any. 

Post edited at 10:16
 wintertree 19 May 2021
In reply to CurlyStevo:

> Ofc its vaccine supply

Some independent digging on Twitter longsufferingropeholder posted on plotting #25 disagrees, as do some more recent quotes from government sources.

Toerag 19 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

We're up to 88 doses per 100 people here :-p 34% of >16s have had 1 dose, and 35% have had 2.

Ridge 19 May 2021
In reply to James Malloch:

> Skipton sent it out to all over 30's yesterday and I got put on the waiting list by my partner whilst there. I'm 29 and I got a call at the end of the day saying they had spares which might get binned and did I want one. Really happy to get the first one done!

> Really good to see them being proactive to not waste any. 

It seems slightly chaotic here. Vaccinations are now available to over 19s on a walk in basis, but you have to be on facebook and following the retail complex hosting the centre to know about it.

Likewise early second doses are available, but you have to be a mate of someone who heard about it from someone who works in the vaccination centre to find out when they're available.

I've been notified by text that early 2nd vaccinations are available, but Mrs Ridge in an older cohort hasn't. I'm not too bothered as I have my 2nd scheduled in a fornight, I can't get through on 119 and my experience of the app is it'll delete my scheduled appointment and it's a mare to find a local booking again, so I'll just sit it out until my scheduled booking comes round.

Post edited at 13:06
 Fozzy 19 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

I’m 35, wife is 33. We’ve both had both of our jabs now. 

The New NickB 20 May 2021
In reply to Donotello:

> My girlfriend (32) had hers in January, the age guidance is just guidance in reality they’re ringing up people of all ages. She asked why she was getting hers and they said they had run out of old people. 

I suspect there is more to this than you say. They certainly wouldn't have run out of old people in January, they were still working through people in their 70s and 80s in January, although younger carers and NHS staff were getting vaccinated then and earlier. A couple of my colleagues (Council) got early vaccinations, because the building that we work in has a vaccination centre on the ground floor and rather than waste a couple of doses at the end of the day, they put them in the arms of staff in the building, although not in large numbers.

The New NickB 20 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

37m first doses administered. About 38m people in the U.K. aged over 35, so with younger vulnerable people plus care and NHS staff balancing out less than 100% take up, it seems likely that early thirties is the average age of people getting their first vaccination at the moment.

OP girlymonkey 20 May 2021
In reply to The New NickB:

Such good news! I had mine way back at the start so wasn't aware of how low down the age brackets we were! I had thought we were still in the 40s. It does sound like there is quite a bit of regional variation, but general trends are looking great!

graeme jackson 20 May 2021

> My wife went for her second jab today in Edinburgh. She was surprised at how quiet the vaccination centre was.

Me and Mrs J both had our seconds on Monday at Ravenscraig sports centre. That was also very quiet but seemed even more so as the hall is as big as a full size football pitch. 

CantClimbTom 20 May 2021
In reply to CurlyStevo:

> Not in our area of Edinburgh, I'm 48 last week my partner 2 weeks she's 43

I've heard similar from my Scottish colleagues. That statement is a good advert for less division between the UK (and questions splitting up NHSs) but health is a political football with SNP, etc, etc 

Post edited at 16:43
Le Sapeur 20 May 2021

Not long ago you said this..

"Let's wait and see in July who's got all adults vaccinated.   

The situation has pivoted since the first few months of this year.  The number of vaccinations per month in the UK is forecast to fall quite substantially because they aren't getting the vaccine from India.  The number of vaccinations per month in the EU is forecast to increase dramatically based on their own production."

Now the facts.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1196071/covid-19-vaccination-rate-in-eu...

Si dH 20 May 2021
In reply to Le Sapeur:

We have pulled further ahead of the US again recently, as well. A few weeks back they had pretty much caught us up on total jabs per 100k people and certain posters were confidently predicting we would be left in their wake. But actually they've started to struggle. Not that it's an international competition...

Post edited at 16:55
 SDM 21 May 2021
In reply to Si dH:

> Possibly, I don't think there is a demographic breakdown of the active users that I remember seeing. Even if the numbers aren't that accurate, I doubt any non-representativeness of the sample is going to change the numbers by a huge amount. It's not like all the app users are going to be 80+

I don't think it's age that is likely to make any Zoe figures non-representative, it is the levels of engagement, knowledge and mindset of its contributors that is non-representative.

The average Zoe contributor is going to be significantly more knowledgeable than the average person regarding covid information and covid risks. The people who are motivated to continue contributing to the app are going to be skewed towards health workers, care workers and people with a scientific background/interest. They will be more likely than the average person to be a higher vaccine priority through their work and I would expect them to be more likely to be following the local anomalies regarding vaccine supplies and booking systems so are more likely to be vaccinated early through waitlists etc.

I doubt covid sceptics or vaccine hesitant people are represented very heavily among Zoe contributors (other than maybe a few organised deniers attempting to spread misinformation).

Nic Barber 21 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

Official NHS website currently says 34 and over can book. At the beginning of his week it was 36 and over. So being 32, hopefully next week I can book in!

A lot of the younger folk I work with got done when a friend of one of them who works at a vaccine centre informed them of availability, but I missed the memo.

Alkis 21 May 2021
In reply to Nic Barber:

Yep, got the text yesterday and I'm booked in for Monday, finally!

PaulJepson 21 May 2021
In reply to Nic Barber:

Got my text today (34) but the nearest place is 30 miles away.......

In reply to PaulJepson:

You're not actually in Bristol, then...?

PaulJepson 21 May 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

I am. The locations have updated since I initially looked but the nearest it is giving me now is still Combe Down on the other side of Bath.

In reply to PaulJepson:

I count 14 locations in Bristol, as well as the stadium super centre

https://bnssgccg.nhs.uk/health-advice-and-support/coronavirus-covid-19-vacc...

It would be nice to have a map; it really ought to be easier to find your nearest centre... Coombe Down is the other side of Bath from Bristol. Weird 

PaulJepson 21 May 2021

Yes, for my second appointment I could book Ashton Gate Stadium (You have to book both doses at the same time). For some reason for the first it was not giving me anything in the city. 

SDM 21 May 2021

Demand this week has been far greater than the number of available appointments. So lots of vaccination centre have no available slots and won't show up when you try to book.

The system works well when it only has to deal with people who have been invited by letter/text etc but it isn't designed to cope with the demand that occurs each time they open it up to a whole age group regardless of whether they've been invited or not.

A number of my friends spent 5+ hours being bounced between the queue on the website, getting through to book an appointment, then being sent to the back of the queue when it decided their available slot was no longer available.

Most ended up with an appointment eventually but none were able to book two local appointments; all will be traveling much further than their closest centres.

In reply to Nic Barber:

You should be able to book now. Try putting in your details.

In reply to Le Sapeur:

> Not long ago you said this..

> "Let's wait and see in July who's got all adults vaccinated.   

The key words being *in July*

> Now the facts.

Your 'facts' are a chart of vaccinations up to May 20 which shows nothing about the rate of vaccination.

This is the chart you want.  Put on the graphs for UK and Germany and look at the gradient for the UK and Germany curve.  Looks to me that Germany is catching up fast and the curves may well cross over before end July.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=OWID_WRL

On the same page you can also look at new vaccinations and you can see Germany is now way ahead.

The UK press is still telling the story from a few months ago and keeping quiet about the progress the US and EU have made on vaccine production.  Our campaign is limited by vaccine supply, theirs isn't because Pfizer are kicking the stuff out as fast as they can use it.

The wildcard is vaccine uptake.  The UK is doing better on that and my guess is it will continue to do so because with the Indian variety kicking off and the Tories determined to keep opening up your best chance of not catching it is to be vaccinated.

> The key words being *in July*

> Your 'facts' are a chart of vaccinations up to May 20 which shows nothing about the rate of vaccination.

> This is the chart you want.  Put on the graphs for UK and Germany and look at the gradient for the UK and Germany curve.  Looks to me that Germany is catching up fast and the curves may well cross over before end July.

They might, but most likely won't

> On the same page you can also look at new vaccinations and you can see Germany is now way ahead.

They're not https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-vaccination-doses-per-capita...

> Our campaign is limited by vaccine supply

it isn't 

> The wildcard is vaccine uptake.  The UK is doing better on that and my guess is it will continue to do so because with the Indian variety kicking off and the Tories determined to keep opening up your best chance of not catching it is to be vaccinated.

This is probably true

JoshOvki 21 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

I have my first one tomorrow (31) and my other half has hers on Sunday (30). Looking forward to getting it done, but hoping for no side effects. In South Wales (Cwm Taf Morgannwg)

Post edited at 23:41
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

> They might, but most likely won't

Maybe, maybe not,  but the gap is closing fast and at the present rates they will get ahead.

> it isn't 

If it isn't vaccine supply how come UK has flattened off at about 600k a day?

If you look at the vaccination centre in Edinburgh I went to they had built it out for about 10 queues and there were about 3 in operation.  They have the software to send out the letters and could easily send out 3 times as many and fill the place.  

Looks to me that they are limited by vaccine supply.

Post edited at 03:24
OP girlymonkey 22 May 2021

The quiet vaccine centers probably depend a bit on when you go, particularly now we are in much younger people. My husband's original appointment came through for Tuesday day time, but his work is busiest on a Tuesday so it didn't suit him so well. They would obviously have let him, but he preferred to rearrange for the weekend, so he found an appointment in Killearn for today. I'm sure he isn't the only person trying to get it changed to weekend or evening.

> If you look at the vaccination centre in Edinburgh I went to they had built it out for about 10 queues and there were about 3 in operation.  They have the software to send out the letters and could easily send out 3 times as many and fill the place.  

> Looks to me that they are limited by vaccine supply.

Yeah, ok, you're right, that's a way more reliable method than watching the Scottish and Welsh delivery numbers and comparing to vaccinations carried out to infer that there's a multi-million dose buffer in the system. If you saw empty queues then yeah, we just must be out of vaccine.

Si dH 22 May 2021

> The key words being *in July*

> Your 'facts' are a chart of vaccinations up to May 20 which shows nothing about the rate of vaccination.

> This is the chart you want.  Put on the graphs for UK and Germany and look at the gradient for the UK and Germany curve.  Looks to me that Germany is catching up fast and the curves may well cross over before end July.

I think you'll find that Germany's higher gradient in that graph is simply because a higher proportion of our current vaccines being given out as second doses.  As longsufferingropeholder's link shows, actual number of doses being administered per head of population are similar, with the UK rate being steadier and Germany's being more up and down.

I'm not sure what the point of this comparison is anyway. Are you seriously suggesting that it would be a better to be German than live in the UK from the perspective of vaccination? That's not really a credible position to take. The few Germans I know were pretty unhappy about the situation last time I spoke to them!

Post edited at 08:47
 Dr.S at work 22 May 2021
In reply to Si dH:

The most telling thing on that graph is adding the ‘world’ line.

We are doing well as are the other rich nations - but There is a long road to go yet for the human race .

Post edited at 08:52
 Si dH 22 May 2021
In reply to thread:

I discovered today that the health secretary has a legal obligation to make arrangements to implement the recommendations of the JCVI so far as reasonably practicable. That phrase has a lot of strength in UK law. So, if he asks the JCVI for advice on something, he has to take their recommendations - there is no political choice. Previously I had assumed they were a purely advisory body with no real clout.

Good for The Health Protection (Vaccination) Regulations 2009.

Si dH 22 May 2021
In reply to Dr.S at work:

Yep, totally agree. I would like to see us outwardly doing more to help elsewhere.

Although interestingly, given the point I just posted, it's arguable the Government would be breaking the law if they donated doses elsewhere before implementing the JCVI recommendations in full (unless the JCVI changed their recommendations or the Government could demonstrate that the donations had no significant effect on vaccination rates in the UK.)

Edit - actually that's probably not true because I think the JCVI recommendations are just a priority order rather than a recommendation to vaccinate everyone in the UK by a certain date or as soon as possible. It depends on the exact wording of their advice.

Post edited at 08:59
In reply to Si dH:

> I discovered today that the health secretary has a legal obligation to make arrangements to implement the recommendations of the JCVI so far as reasonably practicable. That phrase has a lot of strength in UK law. So, if he asks the JCVI for advice on something, he has to take their recommendations - there is no political choice. Previously I had assumed they were a purely advisory body with no real clout.

> Good for The Health Protection (Vaccination) Regulations 2009.

Not sure if pointing this out adds any value, but there's an 'In England' caveat

Edit: "Ministers in different parts of the UK decide on vaccine strategy, on the advice of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).

Those in England are under a legal duty to implement the JCVI's recommendations for new vaccines "so far as is reasonably practicable"".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57202628

Post edited at 09:17
 Dr.S at work 22 May 2021
In reply to Si dH:

I think there is a good rationale for 'finishing' vaccination off in a country before pushing to support others - painting by numbers.

Minimising time that a partially vaccinated population is effecting a selection pressure in favour of immune escape is another.

Jenny C 22 May 2021

Yes the risk of incomplete vaccination is that the chances of a vaccine resistant strain are increased.

Si dH 22 May 2021

> If you look at the vaccination centre in Edinburgh I went to they had built it out for about 10 queues and there were about 3 in operation.  They have the software to send out the letters and could easily send out 3 times as many and fill the place.  

> Looks to me that they are limited by vaccine supply.

As a counterpoint to this, despite there being 4 centres within a 15 minute drive I'm currently stood in a queue of over 20 people waiting for our vaccine, it's 1-in-1-out....so I think they're at distribution capacity round here!

In reply to Si dH:

Top tip: when they ask, not the arm you sleep on.

Si dH 22 May 2021

Haha, 5 minutes too late. They didn't ask anyway, chairs all facing the same way...

Post edited at 14:26
In reply to Si dH:

> I'm not sure what the point of this comparison is anyway. Are you seriously suggesting that it would be a better to be German than live in the UK from the perspective of vaccination? That's not really a credible position to take. The few Germans I know were pretty unhappy about the situation last time I spoke to them!

I've got a daughter in Germany and one in the UK.  The one in Germany could get an AZ vaccine any time but is waiting to get Pfizer from her work in a few weeks.  The one in the UK isn't going to see a jag that fast.  My German in-laws have had both Pfizers in the last couple of months, although they are old enough they'd have got them a bit earlier in the UK.

The situation isn't the same as a few months ago when there were shortages because Pfizer has got its manufacturing sorted.

> Yeah, ok, you're right, that's a way more reliable method than watching the Scottish and Welsh delivery numbers and comparing to vaccinations carried out to infer that there's a multi-million dose buffer in the system. If you saw empty queues then yeah, we just must be out of vaccine.

Well that is pure sh*te.

They have flattened off at 600k doses.  Why?  A month or so ago they were doing more.   There's plenty of people left to do.   If there was no constraint on vaccine supply why wouldn't they be going faster and getting done sooner?

The buffer in the system is irrelevant and this isn't about being out of vaccine.  Nobody said they were out of vaccine, if they get an average of 600k does a day in and stick an average of 600k doses a day in arms and they've done the buffer size calculations properly they aren't going to run out.

A large buffer doesn't mean more throughput.  Throughput is constrained by the deliveries going into the buffer.   The buffer size is determined by the need for second doses and the variation on the delivery schedule, it is about smoothing and matching supply and demand.  You could have a 10 million dose buffer and if your average delivery rate is 600k doses a day you still get 600k dose average on the output side.

wintertree 22 May 2021

> They have flattened off at 600k doses.  Why? 

Perhaps....

Because they’re building up a buffer of several million doses because we’re about to see demand for second doses increase a lot, (a) reflecting the earlier big spike in first doses now becoming due a second dose and (b) because we’re dropping the gap from 12-weeks to 8-weeks for older people.  (a) has been clear for two months and (b) has been on the cards I think for longer than it’s been public, so plenty of good reason to hold back on the rate of first doses to build a buffer up.  As things stand there’s no great pressure in the UK (excepting outbreak areas) for first doses as very few people are catching covid, far fewer are going to hospital and almost nobody is dying.  There is however strong pressure to follow up with second doses for various reasons.

Edit: you posted another message on buffers whilst I was typing this.  In steady state, the size of the buffer and throughout are unrelated as you say.  However, when growing a buffer as we apparently have, steady state does not apply.

Post edited at 22:43
In reply to wintertree:

Those were my thoughts but... it doesn't look like the stash we have is a) needed or b) the right split of AZ/pfz for that. And... Wales is in a very different situation that rules out some of the possible explanations. I might be wrong. Probably am tbh, but I'm wondering if there could be another curve ball from jcvi on the way.

In reply to wintertree:

> > They have flattened off at 600k doses.  Why? 

> Perhaps....

The simpler explanation is they ordered vaccine from India and the EU and the supply is constrained because India and the EU are scaling up their own programs.

wercat 23 May 2021

> I count 14 locations in Bristol, as well as the stadium super centre

> It would be nice to have a map; it really ought to be easier to find your nearest centre... Coombe Down is the other side of Bath from Bristol. Weird 

that seems entirely consistent with my experience in Cumbria - it seems people from the Eden valley are expected to travel far afield to get a jab.  I managed to resolve this in my case by making efforts over a couple of months including emails, long waits in call queues, visits to 2 sites of vaccination in Penrith and eventually succeeded by contacting Public Health Cumbria.  I'm 65 very soon and my second jab is on Friday, just under 12 weeks in Penrith Auction Mart.  I'll be able to walk/cycle there. 

The NHS website booking system is total crap round here.

Post edited at 10:41
 Si dH 23 May 2021
In reply to wercat:

I think the system is a bit more complex than just trying to show you the nearest centre that still has appointments in the small date range it wants to give you.. At my jab absolutely everyone was there for a first jab (well, everyone was under 45) and they only had pfizers available. A colleague told me it was the same at his. So it seems obvious they are now assigning many centres/dates specifically to first or second doses rather than to both.

It may also help to log on at 7am on the day a new tranche of appointments is made available, which I assume is when they announce a new age group. There are certainly no website queuing issues then.

Post edited at 11:19

Today's (well, it's yesterday's jabs) vaccination numbers well be in shortly. Looking at the week so far today should be massive. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this week will be the 2nd biggest so far, and today's numbers highest or second highest.

Post edited at 15:38
In reply to Si dH:

> I think the system is a bit more complex than just trying to show you the nearest centre that still has appointments in the small date range it wants to give you.. At my jab absolutely everyone was there for a first jab (well, everyone was under 45) and they only had pfizers available. A colleague told me it was the same at his. So it seems obvious they are now assigning many centres/dates specifically to first or second doses rather than to both.

Judging by the Facebook pages of a few centres they run 1st/2nd dose 'clinics', using a given type at each.

> It may also help to log on at 7am on the day a new tranche of appointments is made available, which I assume is when they announce a new age group. There are certainly no website queuing issues then.

As I've said to everyone I know, you can book the night before your age group officially opens rather than waiting for/adding to the big rush. Not sure if I'm helping by spreading that, but it's not a well kept secret. 

Post edited at 15:55
 Si dH 23 May 2021

> Judging by the Facebook pages of a few centres they run 1st/2nd dose 'clinics', using a given type at each.

> As I've said to everyone I know, you can book the night before your age group officially opens rather than waiting for/adding to the big rush. Not sure if I'm helping by spreading that, but it's not a well kept secret. 

That definitely wasn't true for me, I checked. It started about 0705 that morning.

In reply to Si dH:

Did you click through and try your NHS number? It definitely let me and people aged n book when the front page still said you have to be n+2. Worked for three values of n that I've heard back from.

Maybe it works, then doesn't, then does or something. Or maybe just luck. Who knows.

Dr.S at work 23 May 2021

762,361 - second highest daily total.

In reply to thread:

Site rumoured to be working for >30 now. Try your NHS number if that's you.

29 and just got the text from the GP. Booked in for Friday.

They’re really motoring through everyone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...