30 days disinfectant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marsbar 29 May 2020

Apparently someone in Hong Kong  has invented a way for disinfectant to be sprayed and work for 30 days.  

Sounds great.  

If they are so keen to get schools open, this would go a long way to reassure people that can be done without crashing R back over 1.  

Anyone know more about it and how it works?  Anyone work for London Transport or anywhere it is used?  

Link to follow...

baron 29 May 2020
In reply to marsbar:

> Apparently someone in Hong Kong  has invented a way for disinfectant to be sprayed and work for 30 days.  

> Sounds great.  

> If they are so keen to get schools open, this would go a long way to reassure people that can be done without crashing R back over 1.  

> Anyone know more about it and how it works?  Anyone work for London Transport or anywhere it is used?  

> Link to follow...

There’ll be a queue of teachers waiting to disinfect their pupils.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaivirdi/status/490526633061658624

OP marsbar 29 May 2020
In reply to baron:

Well I do think it would be an idea...

toad 29 May 2020
In reply to marsbar:

It only works if it's taken internally

apparently

nufkin 29 May 2020
In reply to marsbar:

>  disinfectant to be sprayed and work for 30 days

That's an entire month of after-loo hand washing tedium saved

SouthernSteve 29 May 2020
In reply to marsbar:

Some disinfectants are not nice long term. The incidence of COPD in people regularly cleaning with bleach is much higher. I would want some decent safety data before 'splashing it all over / around'.

Alternatively Just dress in, eat with and make all door handles copper. The virus just can't cope with copper surfaces apparently!

mullermn 29 May 2020
In reply to SouthernSteve:

> Alternatively Just dress in, eat with and make all door handles copper. The virus just can't cope with copper surfaces apparently!

Probably best to stay in if you hear thunder..

Domonic's coming 29 May 2020
In reply to marsbar:

It's been around since March. Honestly it has. It made everywhere I went safe. I used it on the castle doors and in number 10s loo. I was in there for 40 minutes before I had to talk to those pesky busy body journalists.

nufkin 29 May 2020

>  make all door handles copper. The virus just can't cope with copper surfaces apparently!

Isn't that slugs?

OP marsbar 29 May 2020
In reply to nufkin:

It's true, the virus does not live anywhere near as long on copper.  

OP marsbar 29 May 2020

I believe it is thyme oil based.  But with some new nano polymer technology or something.  

It is released when touched so hopefully it isn't breathed in. 

It's already being used. 

nufkin 30 May 2020
In reply to marsbar:

Interesting. 

With slugs, I think any door handle actually serves as a deterrent

fmck 30 May 2020
In reply to marsbar:

In the 80s the Domestos slogan was "clings to the sides" this is a remember moment for me and my mates. I got home brew kit and it said on the pack "sterilise with boots sterilising kit" I didnt have that so used domestos instead. The first mate had a swig and says "This tastes of bleach" in denial I said it didnt but everyone in the room agreed. What followed was the biggest vomit session across our village. To this day it keeps getting brought up. Its meant for toilet bowels not home brew kits.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...