300 000 watts per cable

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paul mitchell 13 Dec 2019

Why does a cell phone need a tower with ten massively thick cables running up to the top of it;each cable capable of transmitting 300 000 watts?   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua1QzJi6Cwc&fbclid=IwAR2o1_6t5nKy-xb4IL...

birdie num num 13 Dec 2019
In reply to paul mitchell:

What?!

wintertree 13 Dec 2019

Why don’t you tell us rather than posting a video that’s got 10 seconds of information in 10 minutes of crap?

I suspect the lightning protection system on the building I work in is capable of conducting over 100,000,000,000,000 watts peak power.  Do you think that’s a mind control carcinogenic ray weapon?

One poster accused me of being akin to an anti-vaxer recently when I said I have some concerns about our current inability to prove the long term bio safety of terra hertz signals (and when questioned on this gave examples of non thermal, non ionising biological effects of waves in the higher end of the 5g spectrum).  It was notable that a couple of other posters with relevant background noted on that thread how they avoid high frequency EM waves - the general principle of “better safe than sorry”.

So I’m by no means out to shoot down any discussion from an ignorant and ill informed viewpoint of “science says you are wrong”.  But you are s—t posting videos that are almost or totally devoid of credibility and that are likely bankrolled by those with vested commercial interests.

Post edited at 23:28
 gribble 13 Dec 2019

For charging electric cars. Obviously.

I know you won't read it but someone else may benefit form the answer. 

The thicker cables have lower loss so a less powerful transmitter is needed (more energy efficient) and on the receive end, the station becomes more sensitive. Plus the cables will have very extensive weatherproofing and armour on them.

Besides, if those are coaxial cables, then they'll only be carrying low frequencies. Coaxial cables are too lossy for transmitting above a GHz or so over any sort of distance and waveguide is much better.

However, for frequencies above a few GHz, it's far more efficient to just put the transmitter and receiver right at the antenna because even waveguide has high loss and routing it 20 m from the shed up the tower just wastes too much power.

artif 13 Dec 2019

Are you trying to imply that the 40,000 phone masts in the UK are transmitting 3,000,000watts.

Just where is all this power coming from?

I suggest you take a basic course in electronics, then come back with a vague idea of what your posting about

Post edited at 23:56
 marsbar 14 Dec 2019

I tried to watch the video.  I gave up.  

summo 14 Dec 2019

If I was an installation engineer at site like this and knew muppets would likely turn up, I'd print my own labels with words from sci fi films on. 

Toby_W 14 Dec 2019

1 trillion dollars mwah mwah mwah.

Cheers

Toby

Billhook 14 Dec 2019

Humans have been shoving mobile phones to their ears for well over 20 years I'm not aware that there's any evidence that this has caused any RF/EMF  problems.  Fair enough pretty low power.

Thousands and thousands of people the world over have lived close to massively powerful transmitters, the world over such as those used by broadcasting services such as the BBC and until recently a world wide network of aerials transmitting across the world to shipping, knocking out power of several thousand watts or more.

Fylingdales EWS has been sending out what in effect is high powered Radar signals since the 1960s with sheep within grazing difference.  So far no sheep appear to have changed shape, colour or flavour.   It doesn't appear to effect the small birds such as meadow pipits which seem to survive quite happily year round nesting within a few hundred meters or closer to the new transmitter. 

gravy 14 Dec 2019

Not you and this bollocks again

Deadeye 14 Dec 2019

Get *back* in the sack

Hooo 14 Dec 2019

Poo. I keep clicking on these threads because the thread title looks like it will be interesting (I'm an unashamed geek), only to find it's Paul again and more drivel from YouTube.

Hooo 14 Dec 2019

Hey Paul, do you even look at the replies?

There are people on here who know what they are talking about, and are not dismissive of your concerns. You could respond to them and have an informative conversation. But instead you just keep posting the same utter rubbish and not even looking at the response. Why? What are you hoping​ to achieve?

malk 14 Dec 2019
 jimtitt 14 Dec 2019
In reply to malk:

> so they can be converted to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System in times of civil unrest..

I worry about windows, they kill up to 30 million birds every year AND let deadly UVB rays through into my house

cp123 14 Dec 2019

How else are they supposed to melt your brains?

wercat 14 Dec 2019

I watched what was made to look like a documentary last night on Freeview.   There was evidence quoted about scientists building quantum computers, with a little bits of memorable technical information interspersed with revelations about how they were using alien technology to adapt this for use in a project to link the alien-human hybrid children through something called "Bridnet" .

This revelation hit me so hard that I googled and did indeed find items about this even in British Newspapers!  It had passed me by.

I suddenly had the evidence in front of me about how so many people voted Conservative.  There is a huge social engineering programme - on the one hand render people incapable of recognising the differences between science and fiction, fact and fantasy, truth and lies - how many people read real books anymore?  Kids are told to use the net for their homework from birth now.

The other side of the pincer movement is social media to infiltrate the consciousness of every voter from what they see as "trusted" sources, personal contacts who pass on stuff in the pub, online and suddently you see the BBC as instrumental in the election result having helped in the total collapse of any belief in one of the parties by Lie Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Rumours.

The result is the unanimous view of all the people interviewed for weeks saying Corbyn is no use, a traitor, a fool, a marxist.

And mass hysteria about the need for us to escape the EU's clutches.

Welcome to 2084

I heartily once again commend you to look out the drama "Brexit:The Uncivil War" if you have not watched this examination of the Cummings Infokrieg

Post edited at 10:35
 wercat 14 Dec 2019
In reply to jimtitt:

I find eggs very bad for nature - all the birds that have been trapped inside these things seem to die eventually

shouldn't Single use eggs be banned?

Post edited at 10:37
 peppermill 14 Dec 2019

Hi Paul.

In short, it's to get around various precautions taken against phone masts. The increased power from the cables allows the signal transmitted to penetrate many metals rather than be deflected. It's particularly effective against thin aluminium foil, the type that can be moulded around our heads and tucked under a hat, which many of us have been doing for years to protect against various forms of technology and/or government mind control.

HTH

Tom Valentine 14 Dec 2019
In reply to Billhook:

> Humans have been shoving mobile phones to their ears for well over 20 years I'm not aware that there's any evidence that this has caused any RF/EMF  problems.  

That's a massive relief to me. I've been dreading the standoff that was bound to happen over Christmas when my grand-daughter brings her new phone for an overnight stay. I knew full well there'd be tantrums if I said she couldn't sleep with it under her pillow but now I can avoid the confrontation , knowing that she'll be perfectly safe in doing so.

DancingOnRock 14 Dec 2019
In reply to malk:

The birds were autopsied and found to have died from eating poisonous berries. 

hang_about 14 Dec 2019
In reply to wercat:

> I suddenly had the evidence in front of me about how so many people voted Conservative. 

I think you'll find in a few months time, when the masks are dropped, that alien lizard overlords are in power.

FactorXXX 14 Dec 2019
In reply to jimtitt:

> I worry about windows, they kill up to 30 million birds every year AND let deadly UVB rays through into my house

Is there no end to the evils of Microsoft!

JoshOvki 14 Dec 2019
In reply to hang_about:

So there is hope yet!

wercat 14 Dec 2019
In reply to hang_about:

I hope you read my post carefully - it was not about lizards ruling us but people who have an interest in fostering ignorance and uncritical acceptance of fake science  so that it becomes easy to use that habit to propagate political bilge and lies more easily.

if your post was a jest then I take it in that spirit and smile

Post edited at 13:01
In reply to DancingOnRock:

> The birds were autopsied and found to have died from eating poisonous berries. 

Do you have a source for this statement? Neither the police nor the RSPB have yet commented on the cause, though the police think they have an explanation. 

Poisonous berries would be an extremely unusual cause of so many birds dying so close together. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50763597

Interestingly there is a phone mast within a couple of hundred metres of this incident.

In reply to summo:

I was at a defence lab a long time ago and there was a cabinet for electronic components where they'd labelled one of the drawers 'Semtex' just to get visitors going.

> Why does a cell phone need a tower with ten massively thick cables running up to the top of it;each cable capable of transmitting 300 000 watts?   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua1QzJi6Cwc&fbclid=IwAR2o1_6t5nKy-xb4IL...

It doesn't. 

10 x 300,000W = 3MW.   At about 10p/kWh that would cost 3,000 x 10p = £300 per hour just in electricity.

Cellphone base stations are about dealing with many, relatively short range, high bandwidth links.  You would use high power for a small number of long range signals - like broadcast TV.

In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

Yes. Google taxus bird deaths. Seems quite common. Of course there are phone masts near them, there are phone masts everywhere. 

> Yes. Google taxus bird deaths. Seems quite common.

I don't see a link there to anything about the recent Anglesey birds. Why do you claim this is the confirmed cause on pm in the Anglesey case?

In fact the Google search you suggest mainly links to non avian toxicity and doesn't mention mass bird death until the 8th link, which has a suspected but ultimately disproved yew toxicity case in starlings in The Hague in February. https://www.hollandtimes.nl/articles/national/cause-of-mass-deaths-of-starl...

Yew is again very unlikely to cause a mass die off as starlings regularly eat the soft red yew berries and regurgitate the hard toxic seed centre. It would require several hundred birds to fail to regurgitate, and then (in the absence of an overhanging roost tree) to all succumb to the poison within seconds of one another (yew toxin from seeds usually takes several hours to take effect). 

A high-speed traumatic event to a murmuration - either airstrike or just mistaken altitude in the extreme weather would seem far more plausible in the Anglesey birds. 

Post edited at 16:17
 malk 14 Dec 2019

taxus poisoning sounds almost as implausible

murmuration mishap possibly caused by a bird of prey would be my guess.. (assuming no poisoning)

Post edited at 16:23
 malk 14 Dec 2019
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

>You would use high power for a small number of long range signals - like brodcast TV.

or crowd control? would it be possible to ramp up the power to provide an active denial system? they do use similar wavelengths..

Blue Straggler 14 Dec 2019

Because it’s there, and to get to the other side 

marsbar 14 Dec 2019

Unusual but possible.  

I really don't think a phone mast would make birds suddenly fall out of the sky.  

jkarran 14 Dec 2019

I can't be arsed with the video but I imagine we're getting 300kW (at what voltage, what loss) simply from the size? Are they conventional cables rather than waveguides? Are they power cables or multicore data lines with extensive lightning protection?

Jk

In reply to marsbar:

> I really don't think a phone mast would make birds suddenly fall out of the sky.  

Or a fire engine. Unless you know the exact circumstances.

marsbar 14 Dec 2019
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Fire engine crashes into phone mast and it hits a chemical that kills all the birds?  

Bulls Crack 14 Dec 2019
In reply to jimtitt:

> I worry about windows, they kill up to 30 million birds every year AND let deadly UVB rays through into my house

Get a Mac

In reply to marsbar:

Fire engine sprays  roosting birds with water/ detergent on a freezing night and culls a significant number. ( Huey helicopters equally effective, I think)

Le Sapeur 14 Dec 2019

I've read your posts and your profile and please don't take this the wrong way but.... I think you need some medical help. You may not realise this but please think about what you are saying. It's not trolling, or random shit, it's quite worrying. 

Ok. It was widely reported that it had been taxus. It’s still not Radio Masts. If it was Starlings would be dropping dead all over the country on a daily basis. 

wercat 14 Dec 2019
In reply to jkarran:

but just think of all the depletion zones needed for the transmitter!

In reply to Le Sapeur:

People assigning mental health problems to those displaying non-conformist attitudes --- that's  what I find quite worrying.

Widely reported where? I've been following this incident closely (as a N Wales birder and a Vet with post-grad certification in wildlife medicine) and haven't seen it reported anywhere....

It’s happened before in the US, Netherlands and Anglesey (according to that news report). 

"It's interesting because when you do research on this phenomenon... it seems to have happened on many occasions in the past.

"But what's particularly strange, if you will, about this case is that it seems that this exact phenomenon happened in the same spot about 12 years ago."

Post edited at 21:23
In reply to jkarran:

A> are they power cables or multicore data lines with extensive lightning protection

Or large diameter RF cables?

ps. I haven't watched the video; given Paul's previous links, I'm sure it will be more bollocks.

Oh, and the source of this link is obviously Facebook, hence the fbclid reference.

So...... "It's happened before"...

I have no major objection to your later posts, but will you admit that your initial post in response to the reports from Anglesey that ...

....."The birds were autopsied and found to have died from eating poisonous berries. " ....

.. Is actually what is nowadays euphemistically referred to as "False News".

(I haven't seen the US report, but unless you provide further details the Netherlands report was disproved - see my link above)

Post edited at 21:45
 wintertree 14 Dec 2019
In reply to captain paranoia:

> Or large diameter RF cables?

What about the pylon itself?  That’d carry quite the current...

Billhook 15 Dec 2019
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Tom.  I apologise for giving  the all clear.  I hope you both have an enjoyable stay.  

Billhook 15 Dec 2019
In reply to wintertree:

The pylon won't carry any current at all.  Only the aerial.

Tom Valentine 15 Dec 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Oh no! I was just beginning to enjoy the prospect of a stress free Christmas!

wintertree 15 Dec 2019
In reply to Billhook:

> The pylon won't carry any current at all.  Only the aerial.

But it could...  far more than few measly cables and nobody would ever expect it.  Not sure what to do for the return part mind you...

wercat 15 Dec 2019

I was wondering if you would get a mass death of a flock if it was in very close proximity to a very low flying very fast jet

if it was more than one aircraft could a flock take unfortunate evasive action into the path of one or more others?

Post edited at 09:24
 jkarran 15 Dec 2019

Interesting that the birds were all within the hedges. We're they mechanically damaged?

Jk

In reply to wercat:

It's certainly possible, and the Anglesey site is only 5km from RAF Valley. 

mack 15 Dec 2019
In reply to jimtitt:

>  AND let deadly UVB rays through into my house

Not mine fella. I smear my windows with factor fifty sun screen. They ain't getting me. I sleep in a faraday cage, wear foil lined undies, and always, i repeat, always wash vegetables in the best vodka to kill all the brain eating bacteria 'they' spray the crops with. No no 'they' ain't getting me. 

DancingOnRock 15 Dec 2019

No. It’s not fake news. It’s news that was incomplete and evolving, and at the time (I read it) was the accepted plausible scientific theory that has obviously now been disproved,  as opposed to the radio transmitter idea which was purely a hypothesis proposed by people with no scientific background or supporting evidence whatsoever, in order to further their agenda. Which is certainly fake news. 

If it’s been disproved and moved on then that’s fine, I’m sure that an attack by a bird of prey could have a similar effect. 

In reply to wercat:

> I was wondering if you would get a mass death of a flock if it was in very close proximity to a very low flying very fast jet

A lot more credible that a flock of birds could get wasted by 90kN  jet thrust from a Eurofighter than a few uW from cellphone signals.

itsThere 15 Dec 2019
In reply to wintertree:

But the pylon is the secret death aerial, ive said to much...

DancingOnRock 15 Dec 2019
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

I think it was only a few hundred from a flock of tens of thousands. I wonder if it happens all the time in the wild but is only picked up near roads. 

jkarran 15 Dec 2019

> I think it was only a few hundred from a flock of tens of thousands. I wonder if it happens all the time in the wild but is only picked up near roads. 

Possible but given they were all within the hedges I suspect the road is the clue, either acting like a mirror when wet or the wake from a vehicle crashing the lowest members of a passing flock. 

Aircraft wake turbulence can be really severe but it'd be pure luck crashing birds in that pattern. 

Jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...