/ Stuck ropes - No. 4 buttress Coire an Lochan

CalumFerry - on 06 Mar 2019

Savage Slit (Winter) (V 6)

Got our ropes stuck after climbing savage slit today - they should still be dangling down the line of prost. If anyone's in the area in the next few days and manages to get them down I will happily pay for postage and your troubles! 

tspoon1981 on 09 Mar 2019
In reply to CalumFerry:

The ropes are still stuck unfortunately, theres a few inches of ice on them for most of the lower half of the ab. Another team abbed the line to try and remove them, we had a quick look to see if there was any chance of them being freed, I left my knife in my bag, so I couldn't cut them. There was another team on Bulgy, they may have had more success

Mihkel on 09 Mar 2019
In reply to CalumFerry:

Hi. We got your ropes down, but only have one of them. When at the ab point, we pulled them up, undid the knot and let them drop. Once back at the base we knocked the ice garlands off one & coiled it but the other one fell down the slope. Surprisingly, we didn’t see it when walking down, so it’s probably buried somewhere in the fall line below SS, or possibly one of the other parties leaving the Corrie at a similar time coiled it and packed it out without us seeing. So we have your fluoro coloured rope but not the other older yellow coloured one.

If you can reply this evening then you have a choice of it being taken to Inverness, N Yorkshire or Sheffield in case any of those are useful!

jonnie3430 - on 10 Mar 2019
In reply to CalumFerry:

It's at mine near Inverness, let me know what you want done? I've a climbing meet next weekend and can probably get it most places in the country after if you can wait that long. Seems good condition, will check it over if you want before?

Post edited at 12:10