Loading Notifications...

Lost: helmet at Burbage Bridge

tehmarks 25 Jun 2020

I somehow left my helmet in the car park at Burbage Bridge earlier today. A guy found it and stashed it by the bench at the top of the crag - but it looks like someone else has refound it and taken it away with them in the time it's taken me to drive back from Macclesfield.

It's a white Petzl Sirocco. There's a green label attached to the strap with my name and contact details on it. I'd really, really appreciate it back if anyone has found it - I cant afford to replace it, to be entirely honest

tehmarks 26 Jun 2020
In reply to tehmarks:

And to the person who has it and has studiously ignored the prominent contact details, maybe consider whether you really want to trust your life to a random bit of foam of questionable provenance that you know nothing about and that has spent its life being abused in the mountains before tumbling unceremoniously from the roof of a moving car.

Alas, I doubt you are reading UKC.

Becky E 27 Jun 2020
In reply to tehmarks:

Really hope you get it back. A few years ago we left some gear at a crag  (confusion/distraction whilst packing up) and the most annoying thing was that someone chose not to contact me using the contact details that were on most of the gear.

brianjcooper 27 Jun 2020
In reply to Becky E:

> Really hope you get it back. A few years ago we left some gear at a crag  (confusion/distraction whilst packing up) and the most annoying thing was that someone chose not to contact me using the contact details that were on most of the gear.

Unfortunately, as tehmarks says, not everyone uses UKC. But if your contact details are on your gear most honest people will try to repatriate you with it. I did. Posted the found identifiable items, at my cost, to a lady owner and heard no more!!!  Won't stop me doing it again though.  

brianjcooper 27 Jun 2020
In reply to tehmarks:

> And to the person who has it and has studiously ignored the prominent contact details, maybe consider whether you really want to trust your life to a random bit of foam of questionable provenance that you know nothing about and that has spent its life being abused in the mountains before tumbling unceremoniously from the roof of a moving car.

> Alas, I doubt you are reading UKC.

Lost Thursday. Threat on Friday?  Give it time.  

In reply to tehmarks:

> And to the person who has it and has studiously ignored the prominent contact details, maybe consider whether you really want to trust your life to a random bit of foam of questionable provenance that you know nothing about and that has spent its life being abused in the mountains before tumbling unceremoniously from the roof of a moving car.

Indeed, what type of irresponsible idiot would use such obviously dangerous kit... ⚠ 😉

tehmarks 27 Jun 2020
In reply to brianjcooper:

No threat meant, just making the valid point that you'd be stupid to trust your health to something you've found lying at a crag that you know nothing about. Most of the value in the helmet is in knowing what I've done with it and what has and hasn't happened to it since i bought it; I'm genuinely perplexed as to why anyone else would want it.

Maybe I've jumped the gun in assuming that whoever has it has no intention of returning it, but it's labelled very obviously with my email address and phone number - I wouldn't be hard to find if they wanted to.

C'est la vie. It's just a helmet at the end of the day.

In reply to tehmarks:

Any luck?

tehmarks 14:24 Mon
In reply to tehmarks:

No luck. Ah well.