/ Blue 60m rope missing. Agden Rocher.

Gareth Collom 17:52 Wed

Blue 60m rope , Agden Rochher. 15th January. 

Has anybody picked up a blue 60m climbing rope at the top of Agden Rocher on the 15th of January. I left it at top of S.O.S  whilst retrieving rucksacks from the bottom . On returning it was gone.   

Thanks Gareth

Post edited at 17:53
deepsoup 18:23 Wed
In reply to Gareth Collom:

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/lost+found/rope_agden_rocher-714731

Oh bugger, I did nick it.  Sorry about that.  It's currently in the back of my van.

Edit to add: YHM

Post edited at 18:32
In reply to deepsoup:

Saved us carrying it back to the car Sean, but we did end up chasing around to see if we could catch up with the person tidying up/rescuing the 'abandoned' stuff!!

Cheers, Nik 

deacondeacon 19:27 Wed
In reply to buxtoncoffeelover:

You go to all the best crags Nik! 

In reply to deacondeacon:

Indeed Deacon. And I do occasionally go the 'best crag in the universe' too!! One has to mix it up. Agden was a curate's egg today. I trust you are doing well sir?

deacondeacon 22:05 Wed

All good here. Sure ill bump into you soon enough.  

deepsoup 12:08 Thu

Our collective comic timing must have been just right Nik, for us to have missed each other completely.

I was going west to east across the top of the crag for a change - I'm usually going the other way on the 'outbound' part of a run from Low Bradfield when I'm up there but I think the view is nicer coming the other way. 

After making (as it turns out) a very poor attempt to peer over the edge, I dithered a bit and made a second bad decision before running off with the rope.  It did cross my mind to just take it round to the gate onto the road and leave it there (where you would have found it) to drive round and pick it up on the way home after. In the end that seemed like a faff, so I re-tied it as a rucksack coil and strapped it to my back for the jog back down to the village green.

Shortly before you get back to the road from the crag, just after the top of the gorge with Rocher End Brook in the bottom, there's a gate into a field on the right and a semi-secret but quite well trodden little path that cuts across and drops down to join the public footpath following the brook all the way down to Agden reservoir.  I was probably just heading off down there as you were coming round the corner from the crag-top path onto the farm track back to the road.

In reply to deepsoup:

Comical indeed. As we climbed back up I was about to joke about sheep eating the rope, but then it had disappeared for real. But no harm done. And it gave you a little training ballast!!