/ Yosemite - Indian Creek OCT-NOV

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Tom Blake - on 04 Apr 2019

Hey, 

I've been wanting to go to Yosemite ever since I saw Valley Uprising. This is the year. 

Does anyone have any beta on how best to get there, find partners etc.? I'm going long term, probably in the states for 3 months so renting a car isn't ideal, but then buying is a bit scary. Considering the possibility of heading down to Potrero Chico once my visa runs out...

Also, let me know if you'd be interested in coming along!

Tom

Iamgregp - on 05 Apr 2019
In reply to Tom Blake:

I've no Beta at all, but my job is going to the dogs so if the make me redundant by then I'm in!

Mick B - on 06 Apr 2019
In reply to Tom Blake:

It's about 10 years since my last trip to the states but I always found it the easiest place going to find climbing partners.

I remember pulling up at Wall St in Moab ( Wall Street) and just looking up at the routes.  Within 5 mins someone had asked me if I wanted to jump on a route.  Next thing they're all going down to Indian Creek for a week and did I want to come. 

Similar things happened at Red Rocks and J Tree.  

I love the place, friendliest country I've ever been to.

Martin Bagshaw - on 06 Apr 2019
In reply to Mick B:

Its definitely easy to find climbing partners in the honeypot areas (definitely not Minnesota!), and people are super welcoming by and large.

Although I did climb with some of the best I have climbed with, some of the sketchiest partners I've ever had I met in the states; generally younger folks who are taking time out to dirtbag. It is worth getting a good handle of peoples level of experience before you agree to go do a big route with them. The pool of rope at the feet of a partner after I backed off something was not something I'm keen to repeat!

Get some mileage in on the cracks before you go, it will pay dividends.

dominic o - on 07 Apr 2019
In reply to Tom Blake:

The Camp 4 notice board is the place to find partners in Yosemite, or round the fire pit in the evening. Should be plenty of people around in October  

seankenny - on 08 Apr 2019
In reply to Tom Blake:

> Does anyone have any beta on how best to get there,

Take a plane.

> find partners etc.?

Mountain Project is very good and you should get some replies.

GGD on 10 Apr 2019
In reply to Tom Blake:

Sent you a private message

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.