/ Winter Partner - Wales - Next week?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
finnbell0101 08 Nov 2019

Hello! 

The weather forecast is looking promising for next week in both the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia. I hope to get out a couple of times next week but need a partner for Snowdonia. I am still new to mountaineering but not to the hills. So I have the fitness and understanding (+gear). 

Looking for someone of any skill level same as mine or better (Low standard I know ;) ) Up for any scrambles or climbs in Snowdonia, have not made a plan because I will only go with a partner! But always had my eye on crib goch or some low grade gullies. But up for any difficulty as long as I have the skills to do it safely. 

Previously climbed Ben Macdui, Cairngorm and a few others in Scotland and Wales 

Can give you a lift from bath/bristol area if needed. 

Thanks - Finn  

ScottTalbot 08 Nov 2019
In reply to finnbell0101:

I think it's a bit early for Winter Climbing conditions (not that I have any experience in that area). Have fun though!

finnbell0101 08 Nov 2019
In reply to ScottTalbot:

I more meant just getting out in the snow in the hills..! 

ianstevens 08 Nov 2019
In reply to ScottTalbot:

> I think it's a bit early for Winter Climbing conditions (not that I have any experience in that area). Have fun though!

But because there is a light dusting you can bet there will be people out in full winter garb (crampons and axes included) for absolutely no reason at all.

finnbell0101 08 Nov 2019
In reply to ianstevens:

Guilty :/ 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.