/ Wanted - Climbing Partner for Yorks/Lakes/N Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DanForsh 19 Oct 2019

Hello

I am looking for a climbing/mountaineering partner.  I am a fit and able hill walker age 30 who climbs indoors weekly, but am very very keen to get outside more, especially in winter.  Have done an intro to winter climbing course climbing in Scotland up to grade III.  Have led in summer outdoors to VS, leading indoors at around 6a.  More than happy to second, just keen to learn!  Ultimate aims are to push my winter grades and move towards Alpinsim, but feel that at 30 have left it a bit late in life.

Based in Hull, but work in York.  Sunday commitments mean generally only available on Saturdays (whihc has made getting to club meets difficult), but have become very good at driving to Lakes/North Wales on a Friday night, staying at a hostel, getting out on the hills on Saturday and driving back first thing on Sunday morning.

If anyone is up for taking me under their wing, would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

Bigjuglover 24 Oct 2019
In reply to DanForsh:

Hi Daniel

I live in Leeds and am also looking for a partner to go on similar trips with (sneaky weekend adventures). I lead trad up to S and Winter to II. Like to think I'm pretty fit, so you won't have to drag me on the walk in. I went to uni at Bangor, so Snowdonia is my old back garden, I know it very well. Like you, my climbing goals are very much alpinism/mountaineering based, so it would be good to get out with someone similar. Appreciate that we're not all that close to one another but just thought I'd give you a bell.

Hopefully hear from you soon, George

mikekeswick 24 Oct 2019
In reply to DanForsh:

I am always up for trips to the Lakes and anywhere Yorkshire. I live in County Durham. I haven't been climbing much recently but have been climbing for around 15 years now.

Let me know next time you are free.

Mike

ipfreely 27 Oct 2019
In reply to DanForsh:

Hi Dan, i also live in Hull, i've emailed you, check your junk mail too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.