UKH

The continent: between 13-21 Aug

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 a.lloydharris 05 Aug 2022

Hello,

Appreciate this is a bit of a long shot, my partner and I were planning to go sport climbing in the Dolomites 13-21 of August but this has fallen through. (Gutted!) We're committed to leave across those dates and want to escape the island, ideally for some climbing, without paying the earth. (We don't drive which automatically limits choice of climbing destinations.)

Are any UKC people heading to the continent from 13 Aug? Would be great to hitch a ride and, of course, split costs. Preference would be to go to any climbing destination but open to being dropped on the mainland and we can hitch from there. 

Best, Andrew & Rosa (07709-256-745)

Heike 05 Aug 2022
In reply to a.lloydharris:

Hi,

I haven't got  a ride to offer, but you can get at the moment  - til end of August - 9 Euro tickets for trains in Germany (and countries around it) . It is an unreal price! My nieces have been travelling everywhere for almost free! I

Have fun

Heike

alexm198 05 Aug 2022
In reply to a.lloydharris:

I'm driving out to Munich from Manchester, planning on getting an evening ferry from Dover on the 12th. Does that work with your dates? Would be happy to drop you anywhere on my way (I'll be avoiding France to keep toll costs down).

OP a.lloydharris 05 Aug 2022
In reply to Heike:

thanks for the suggestion Heike. We've been exploring that idea - just a case of getting onto the mainland and then that may be the way forward.

OP a.lloydharris 05 Aug 2022
In reply to alexm198:

That's a lovely offer but unfortunately can't - have to be in london until late evening on the 12 thank you though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...