/ Summer alpine partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
teh_mark 22 Apr 2019

I'm hoping to spend a good 4-6 weeks in the Alps this summer from late June onwards, and wouldn't mind broadening my horizons with partners as the couple of people I'd usually think of taking an alpine trip with have adult jobs and adult responsibilities. I'd like to spend a couple of weeks in Chamonix and possibly some time in the Ecrins, but beyond that I'm easy for location.

Have a few years of alpine experience behind me up to single day AD, climbing rock to ~6b and am generally competent and hill-fit. Drop me an email if interested

GGD 24 Apr 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

Have pm'd you 

Alfrede 24 Apr 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

HI there. A gratifying little rush of interest in partners for Chamonix climbing this July. You will find my post just by yours. Sounds like a few of us should keep in touch. Write me at alfrobertson2@hotmail.com and I will tell you a bit more about myself. Hope to see you out there. Alf Robertson. 

J Whittaker 24 Apr 2019
In reply to Alfrede:

Will also be in Chamonix (or where weather is good) from 19th July-1st August. Log book up to date if youd like to see my experience. Keen for single or multi day routes.

chris687 24 Apr 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

Teh_mark, I've sent you a message. And for anyone else who's keen to get out it'd be great to keep in touch and get some stuff done.  PM me for any details etc. 

Tom Blake 26 Apr 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

I'll be out in me van from late June. Starting in Switzerland with a NLMC meet in Bregaglia. 

Not so interested in the cold stuff, well up for rock. I lead up to low 7's sport. 

bogpetre 28 Apr 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

In the same boat as everyone else here. I'll be in Cham June 15 - August 1st except for a short period around July 7-9, and partnerless for most of July. Experience up to D+. UKC ticklist not up to date, although it covers most of what I've done in the Alps. See here instead for more representative ticklist with less coverage of Alps ticks: https://www.mountainproject.com/user/107727480/bogdan-p

McHeath 29 Apr 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

I'll be working in Thun (CH) for the whole summer and have every Mon-Mi free in July and August. Looking to get some moderate classics done (Finsteraarhorn Agassiz ridge,  Schreckhorn SW ridge, Blümlisalp traverse, all AD - AD+). 

Marmotter 08 May 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

Joining the list: I'm available June & 1st half July, planning routes around Arolla, Chamonix and/or the Ecrins, preferably avoiding the crowds of August. I'm on sabbatical, so loads of time and well trained after some pleasant winter scrambling in Wales and gully fiddling on Ben Nevis. Looking into routes graded anywhere up to AD.

Getoiu 09 May 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

I and my partner will be attempting Mont Blanc via Gouter route in July. We'll be camping at Tete Rousse and acclimatizing in the area between 8-14th of July. After that I'll be alone and up for another peak in the Alps or Triglav in Slovenia. It would be nice to meet other people from the forum so if anyone's in Chamonix during this period do give us a shout. 

teh_mark 10 May 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

Apologies all, work has been pretty mental lately and so I've been a bit slow replying. I think I've gotten back to everyone who's dropped me an email now.

If people are happy to and interested, I'll start a Whatsapp group to make everything easier to arrange for everyone; it seems there's a fair few of us all out at roughly the same times. Email me your number if you want to be added

Stu Gerrard 12 May 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

Hi Mark,

I'm in Cham from 25th June to 9th July looking for a partner for snow/ice climbs up to D but happy to do anything suitable. Had planned to climb from the Albert Premier and Argentiere huts with my partner but he got sick and had to drop out. Happy to lead or share leads.

Cheers Stu Gerrard 

Stu Gerrard 12 May 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

Hi Mark,

My mobile is 07768476473. Could you add me to the whats app group.

Thanks

Stu Gerrard

teh_mark 12 May 2019
In reply to Stu Gerrard:

Should have added you earlier today - take a look at WhatsApp and there should be an 'Alpine Partners/Conditions' group in your conversations

Souteril 12 May 2019
In reply to Getoiu:

Watch out for the new camping rules around the Tete.

tingle 12 May 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

Hey man my partner has pulled out so I’m looking for partners too. Could you add me to the group also please? 07837007304

J Whittaker 13 May 2019
In reply to tingle:

For anyone who's interested this is the link to join the group.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FOZrC275sDmHk3zEJWP9Ba

Aled Williams 16 May 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

Hi all

I'll be out in cham from 8th of june untill mid September.

Looking for partners !

teh_mark 16 May 2019
In reply to Aled Williams:

If you have WhatsApp, give the invite link above a go; we've got a small WhatsApp group going now of people who are going to be about during the summer in Cham.

Aled Williams 16 May 2019
In reply to teh_mark:

Thank you !!

odselly 25 May 2019

Hia,

I'm a very low grade climber and haven't been out climbing in ages, but dying to get my hands on some rock. I've just arrived in the Aosta valley, other side of mont blanc from the Chamonix side. I'm here now till late September.

Got a car, small rack, no rope. Gis’ a shout if you fancy a day or days out.

Just joined the WhatsApp group as well

My number is +44 (0) 7794 162 824

Ta.

Astrid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.