/ Shift worker needs belay buddies April onwards

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
r8ck_chick - on 08 Mar 2019

Hi y'all

I'm currently a paramedic based in South of England but soon to move into my truck and go part time so i can spend more time climbing. In fact the plan is April - Sep in Uck, Oct - Mar in France / Spain.

I'll be working every other weekend from April onwards (so i'll work 4 days and have 10 days off) which means i'll be in need of lots of awesome people to climb with. I'll be around mainly during the week and i suspect i'll be spending a lot of time in the Peak District (i'm a tad obsessed with grit) but as i'm living in the truck i can venture pretty much anywhere so North Wales, Lake District etc.

I'm keen to start climbing big mountain routes so making a whole day of the walk in, the climb and the walk out but i'm pretty much happy doing anything because i just love climbing and being outdoors. I do quite like a day circuit bouldering too.

I've been climbing two and a half years and i'm currently leading VS 4c although i did my first HVS last summer (Sunset Slab at Froggatt), i'm happy seconding up to 5c. i'll climb sport if i have to and i'll go indoors if weather is particularly dire. 

Like i said i'm flexible with locations so give me a shout if you want to chat: 07835215013.

Go big or go home.

Eava x

pass and peak - on 10 Mar 2019
In reply to r8ck_chick:

Where can I get a job like yours!!!!!!

but getting back on topic, I'll mail you about the climbing!

Mark

crimpsoplenty - on 11 Mar 2019
In reply to r8ck_chick:

Also work shifts (although not quite like yours!) and am often around midweek for climbs, based in Birmingham so south wales, wye valley, peak district and north wales are all do-able for the day. 

ashaw - on 11 Mar 2019
In reply to r8ck_chick:

Hi I finish teaching my outdoor students at the end of may so june I am kinda free most days, I live 7 mins away from the roaches and happy to hold the odd rope

jjclarke70 - on 11 Mar 2019
In reply to r8ck_chick:

I'm Peak based with random days off during the week. Let me know if you are heading this way and need a partner. 07928548341

SAF - on 12 Mar 2019
In reply to r8ck_chick:

There's a couple of paramedics on the bank in North Wales who climb, I can pass your details on to them. 

One of them intends to sell his house soon and buy a camper and take a similar approach to you.

I'm on the bank but have a one year old, so not much use at the moment!!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.