/ Scottish winter ridges, early March 2019

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Riverman - on 22 Jan 2019

I'm planning to head up to the Highlands in the first week in March and am looking for a partner to join me on some grade I or grade II ridges. Aonach Eagach is top of my list.

I live in Belgium and would plan to arrive in either Glasgow or Inverness. Exact dates flexible and might shift nearer the time according to conditions but at the moment I have in mind 1 to 8 March.

I've climbed in Scotland and the Alps before with guides. Previous Scottish winter routes with guides include the Liathach and An Teallach traverses, Tower Ridge, Escape from Colditz (Blaven). In the Alps: Aiguille du Dibona, Cosmiques Arete, Mont Blanc de Cheilon, Monte Rosa.

While I've done a fair bit of solo summer and winter munro bagging and summer scrambling and have spent plenty of time as the second person on a rope on exposed ground I don't yet have much experience leading, though I've made my first tentative steps toward that in 2018 (leading some pitches of VDiff in Wales and at 3 / 4 in Belgium).

In 2019 my goal is autonomy, to start doing things without guides and to become competent leading easier grades (summer and winter). If anyone on UKC would be interested in joining me in Scotland in March, please give me a shout.  

GaborS - on 03 Feb 2019
In reply to Riverman:

Hi,

I am, too, planning to get to Scotland this winter. The 1st to the 7th of March would work for me. I am thinking of doing some Grade III gullies combined with some ridges, so it would be good to team up. I live in the South of England and would take a long Bus + Train journey up to Scotland. Glasgow is likely to be a stopover for me, so we could meet there and continue together.

Send me a detailed message about you plans, what you are planning to climb, and we can have a discussion.

Cheers,

Gabor

Riverman - on 05 Feb 2019
In reply to GaborS:

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid my plans have now changed. I managed to get a spot on the LMC winter meet in late Feb so will no longer be in Scotland in early March. 

GaborS - on 07 Feb 2019
In reply to Riverman:

No problem. Thanks for getting back.

G

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.