/ Scottish Winter Climbing Partner (Glasgow based)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
markgorin 24 Oct 2019

Hi

I’m looking to expand my circle of climbing partners as several of my regular ones are struggling to get out regularly due to starting families etc.

I’m mainly looking for winter partners but this could easily turn into rock / alpine as well.

I live in Glasgow have a car, all the kit etc.

I’ve been climbing for over 20 years now (13 regularly in Scotland).  I climb E1/2 ish on rock and V,6 ish mixed, V,5 ice and am looking to perhaps try a few more VI’s with the right partner and if things go well.

I get out most weekends (ideally both days) and tend to book them well in advanced (need to make sure you have a partner for when conditions are ‘good’!) and decide on location / style / or to cancel (with agreement) a few days before when the conditions & weather picture is clearer.

I’m prepared to drive long distances (NW highlands etc.) to make the most of conditions, ideally climbing big routes in out of the way places – but this happens quite rarely!)

I’m looking to get a regular partnership going with someone of similar ability and aspiration, ideally from the Glasgow / Central Belt area.  If you’re up for some regular evening training at Ibrox & TCA as well even better.

Drop me an email at markgorin@hotmail.com if you’re interested, perhaps we can meet up in a wall or on a hill over the autumn sometime.

Mark

Wojttek 12 Nov 2019
In reply to markgorin:

hi Mark

are you still looking? I stay in Perth and looking for wknd climbing partner. I lead up to V comfy.cherrs Wojtek 

Post edited at 10:41
CacCarnBeag 13 Nov 2019
In reply to markgorin:

pm'd

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.